Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Bosun's Locker > Repairs & Maintenance
Cruiser Wiki

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #15
Ensign

Hi regarding marine sonic

i bought MS-10 and installed it in my steel moter saler at $ 2130 in 2007

i fitted this very simple ,so far its been a succes i only need cleaning with brush around the water line every 3 months

I run it 24 hour with my 40watt solarpannel not using much power

So far i made the cost back by saving 2 slip and fouling around $ 2600 (slip/hardstand 1 day and cleaning/painting(and few days)

There are a few avaleble but after investigation of some them i used Marine Sonic

The support and help from them is verry good (including the instalation guide

the web side http://www.asmaustralian.com/marine_sonic.htm

i recoment this to a all

Regards

Lynger1

Old 07-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #16
Ensign

Have had a 'BoatSure' fitted to Bel Isi for 18 months, installed my self. My only problem with the unit , is maintaining the film between transducer and hull, had to mount on a 45*slope.

Water line growth is still a problem and has to be scraped off every few weeks. Antifoul is in places gone and the epoxy undercoat showing, water line growth seems to be the same on the epoxy which seems to indicate the Boatsure works ?

Diveing under the hull it looks clean of weed or shells. Slimes badly in marina but 2 hrs at 5 Knots it all slides off and hull looks clean.

Here in the Tropics with warm water all year round Anti-fouling will only work for 12 months or less for some types of growth. Bel Isi last done march 08. (international Coppercoat)

Due out of the water in the next few months to replace sea cocks and will be able to give better report on results then.

I have been looking at what others have to say on 'copper shield' had thought that a combination of the two might be the answer. Might just do the water line with copper shield and see what happens. Mike