Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Bosun's Locker > Engines | Propulsion | Generators
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Does anyone have a service manual for the Yanmar 4JH4 engine? We are looking for pdf form. Thanks, Garry

Old 09-20-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
Admiral

Which series 4JH4 yanmar ? the HTE or the TE ?

Is there a specific problem area you need ?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Ensign

This will be for a friend that is stuck in the Turks and Cacos at the moment. He is having engine problems and I am going to fly out and help him get going in about a week. His engine is a 4JH4AE with no turbocharger and I think it is 53 hp. It is a fairly new engine, probably no more than 3 years old. I thought if I had a service manual on my laptop it would be a big help. Any help is appreciated. thanks, Garry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post

Which series 4JH4 yanmar ? the HTE or the TE ?

Is there a specific problem area you need ?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Ensign

dont know if it is a hte or te . i do know it does not have a turbo, roughly 3 years old, 53 or 55 hp and i think the problem is in the area that truns th fuel pump. So that means a tear down to see the gears that work the fuel pump. this is from a telephone call and i dont have anyway of contacting him back. thanks garry
Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadedoda View Post

dont know if it is a hte or te . i do know it does not have a turbo, roughly 3 years old, 53 or 55 hp and i think the problem is in the area that truns th fuel pump. So that means a tear down to see the gears that work the fuel pump. this is from a telephone call and i dont have anyway of contacting him back. thanks garry
Garry,

4JH4 AE

Hi, here is an URL to Sailing Vessel Zanshin - who has very kindly inserted the 26mb pdf file in his website - I tried down loading but my ISP stopped half way.

If you have a high speed internet connection here it is :-

http://www.sv-zanshin.com/Manuals/Ya...E_4JH4-HTE.pdf

Report if you are able to download

Good luck

Richard

PS -if the above fails I have a copy on my files - but very hard to send if ISP's are slow. you will need an email client like gmail to carry the size -- some 390 pages
Old 09-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Ensign

Thanks very much. This downloaded perfect and it will be a great help. Now all I need is a double jointed back and small hands with hydraulic grips and I would be in business. thanks again. With this I can figure most anything out. Hopefully nothing is broke that needs replacing. Parts are probably hard to come by in the Turks and Caicos. Garry