Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Bosun's Locker > Power & Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
Ensign

Hi,

I need the seal specifications for our back up autopilot drive which is a Raymarine T3 24vdc unit, sold by West Marine part number M81203. As far as I know, (there are only so many manufacturers left in jolly old England, and Raymarine is on the verge of failure with Garmin deal falling through) this is the identical unit sold by B&G as a T3 hydraulic ram.

Does anyone have a copy, please?

RAM_T1_T2_Service_Kit_1.pdf

Attached is the T1/T2 drawing, which is public domain. Does anyone have or have a link to the T3 ram drawing? I have failed to get it from either B&G or Raymarine, and West Marine (Port supply) has tried for me, and has not been any more successful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robert

I am sure there is a Yoda quote that should work here, but there just is no substitute for correct hydraulic bits, and while I LOVE to drive the boat, working self steering is right up there on long trips...Our last long trip was Tonga-Victoria, 6,000nm non-stop, and you sure arrive more rested when the boat steers herself....

Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
Ensign

Hi all,

I just found the folks that make both the B&G and Raymarine hydraulic systems that are just Hy-Pro units re-branded. The site is http://www.hypro.co.uk/marine.htm

and they answer quickly, sent drawings, have spare parts in stock, and are really helpful.

Fair winds

Robert

Moderators- is there any way to delete these, since no one seemed to have any interest in this 'non-thread'...