Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-30-2016, 05:25 AM   #1
BS Biology ecology, BSN n

Home Port: Panama city and Dothan Al
Vessel Name: The Beautiful and the Dangerous
Thumbs up Anybody need or want a maritime nurse to join your expedition

I was born in Germany to a Vietnam helicopter pilot from Texas. I started flying as a child as well as the weekend trips off the coast of Florida on our different dingy to small catamarans. I went to Appalachian state university for my undergrad and ASU just happened to send me to an island 12 miles off the coast of Belize for almost a year. This is where I learned about real sailing and the entire breathtaking world just beneath the surface. I absorbed absolutely everything I could above and below. With my degree from App State in Biology and ecology I took a job in Denver as a pharmaceutical sales representative but I found I loved the mountains more than legalized drug dealing. I think my Jeep had the only bumper sticker I saw that said "Sail Colorado" so I made the decision to move to the US I for a while. Worked on some sailboats there for about a year then my father became ill so I immediately moved back to South Alabama ,30 minutes from our beach house in Panama city. I was stuck at home caring for my father and I decided to get another degree in Advanced nursing with specialties in surgery . Family practice, and psychology. Now I really want to use all my loves in life and Sail as far and as long as possible. My education in marine biology, ecology, sustainable development, the human condition, nursing school honors and my employment following my education with split second surgery, I have seen a detriment of human anatomy and physiology as well as psychiatric behaviour knowledge on previous boats I've crewed. So I believe that my addition to a crew would hopefully be a win-win situation. Give me a chance and I will meet your crew at anytime. Thank you for your consideration. Marcus

Old 11-30-2016, 05:49 AM   #2
BS Biology ecology, BSN n

Home Port: Panama city and Dothan Al
Vessel Name: The Beautiful and the Dangerous
Thumbs up Anybody need or want a maritime nurse to join your expedition

I was born in Germany to a Vietnam helicopter pilot from Texas. I started flying as a child as well as the weekend trips off the coast of Florida on our different dingy to small catamarans. I went to Appalachian state university for my undergrad and ASU just happened to send me to an island 12 miles off the coast of Belize for almost a year. This is where I learned about real sailing and the entire breathtaking world just beneath the surface. I absorbed absolutely everything I could above and below. With my degree from App State in Biology and ecology I took a job in Denver as a pharmaceutical sales representative but I found I loved the mountains more than legalized drug dealing. I think my Jeep had the only bumper sticker I saw that said "Sail Colorado" so I made the decision to move to the US I for a while. Worked on some sailboats there for about a year then my father became ill so I immediately moved back to South Alabama ,30 minutes from our beach house in Panama city. I was stuck at home caring for my father and I decided to get another degree in Advanced nursing with specialties in surgery . Family practice, and psychology. Now I really want to use all my loves in life and Sail as far and as long as possible. My education in marine biology, ecology, sustainable development, the human condition, nursing school honors and my employment following my education with split second surgery, I have seen a detriment of human anatomy and physiology as well as psychiatric behaviour knowledge on previous boats I've crewed. So I believe that my addition to a crew would hopefully be a win-win situation. Give me a chance and I will meet your crew at anytime. Thank you for your consideration. Marcus