Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Multihull Club
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Ensign

I am a monohuller getting active about the next boat and wondering if anyone has any experience with an early to mid 90's Nautitech 62 or 65 footer... there is some scuttlebutt that these were designed by the folks at Catana and I like the fact that they have daggerboards. Like to hear from anyone who has actually sailed one...

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonykaul View Post

I am a monohuller getting active about the next boat and wondering if anyone has any experience with an early to mid 90's Nautitech 62 or 65 footer... there is some scuttlebutt that these were designed by the folks at Catana and I like the fact that they have daggerboards. Like to hear from anyone who has actually sailed one...

Thanks in advance!!!
I have sailed on one, It was a 1990s +/- I remember that it was overloaded with cruising gear and the sterns were just under the water. Which is indicative of the hull design being that for a performance cruiser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautitech 64.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1473

Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
Ensign

Thank you for the reply. I have heard that is a common problem with performance cruising multi-hulls, Lots of space so folks keep filling them up with stuff until they sail worse than monohulls. I have narrowed my choices down to a Catana 53, or Switch 51 but we can get a nautitech 65 for about the same price... the addage of you get what you pay for keeps echoing in my ears...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonykaul View Post

Thank you for the reply. I have heard that is a common problem with performance cruising multi-hulls, Lots of space so folks keep filling them up with stuff until they sail worse than monohulls. I have narrowed my choices down to a Catana 53, or Switch 51 but we can get a nautitech 65 for about the same price... the addage of you get what you pay for keeps echoing in my ears...
True ! however replacing sails, rigging, engines etc on a 64ft cat extraordinarily more expense than on a 52ft

Richard