Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Multihull Club
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via MSN to Nusailor

Hi folks, Still looking for a boat (and money) I was wondering whether anyone is cruising in the Leopard 47. I know the L 46s are hard to find, they seem to go as fast as R&C can build them. There are a few for sale and I would appreciate any input an them.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the many contributors to this forum. I have learned a lot.

Nusailor

Old 09-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
Ensign

Hi Nusailor,

I chartered a Leopard 47 for 10 days and was very pleased with it's performance and layout especially the cockpit which is so much larger than comparabe cats from other manufacturers and it's walkthrough transom as well.. I did a lot of sailing in it as opposed to just laying at anchor.

Here is some footage of it flying along in 30 knots of wind. and you can see from the camera work which is a bit shaky that it certainly was blowing hard..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HfczP3cudAc

I thought that you may be interested to see this.

All the best with your search for a boat.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Ensign

Send a message via MSN to Nusailor

Thank you Ozbullwinkle, I was about to give up on anyone answering my request. Your video was a very good example of how it handles. There were a lot of them going out of charter and I see a lot of them have been snapped up. Your voice on the video tells me you were having FUN. That says a lot for the boat.

John Nusailor
Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
Ensign

No worries John, that is actually the voice of my mate who was doing the filming. Thats me on the helm. He is a full on powerboat man - he owns a 46 foot Hatteras gamefisher & for him to get excited about a sailboat just goes to show you how much fun it was and how great the cat was performing.

I like the Leopard 47 much better than the newer 46 which has the raised steering station which results in a higher boom and centre of gravity and which detracts from the overalll clean lines of the boat. I would not buy a boat with one of these raised steering stations and definitely not the ones from other manufacturers like Lagooon which have a flybridge.

All the best,

Steve