Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > The Multihull Club
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Ensign

Seriously considering a partnership for a 45-55 foot cat.

Ideally we would be on board 4 to 6 months a year. This would be a cruising boat not parked in any one place. It seems to me that like minded partner(s) with the same ideas toward maintenance, upgrading, and where to cruise could only be a win-win.

I have owned two cats and two tris over the last 20 years. We have owned a triune tri a new Gemini , a new 46 foot aluminum cat in thailand/Malaysia and we currently own a C-31-R tri with carbon rig and sails.

I think a used cat for 300K-500K is what I am most interested in but I am open. I would like to take advantage of the buyers market and act ASAP.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am aware that a partnership can go bad if partners are not on the same page. I am not interested in any negative posts so please if you have any good ideas on partnerships jump in.

Thanks,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
kilo_3.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
Lieutenant

Hi Don, I too have wondered about a partnership ... I can only sail from Nov thru April ...What months

are you talking about ???

TOM

Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Albany
Default Cruising partnerships

Did you have any luck?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Warszawa

I propose a partnership in a new 57 foot catamaran.
Specially designed for fast cruising.
100% of the carbon / epoxy.
I also do not have time to sail all year round and sailing in just one region quickly becomes boring.
For the year 2014, I plan a trip around the North Pole.
If global warming is not a lie, it will be possible.
I call for an increase in CO2 emissions.
I prepare the production of such a catamaran. Forms for the hulls are almost ready
The only drawback is that the boat is not ready yet, and twice a year must issue at the international fair.
As a bonus, you have a partner-shipwright, so any repairs (if ever needed) will be done quickly, cheaply and well
index
Old 06-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Albany
Default Boating partnerships

Sounds like a very exciting project, look forward to hearing your progress.

I am buying an o'Day 37cc, and a partner dropped out before the closing, so I am looking for someone experienced to share costs and time on the boat. If anyone is interested, and needs more detail, they could contact me here.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Port Vila
Vessel Name: South Sea Vagabond
Default Lets go cruising!

Hi there
I have been trawling through sailing forums looking for a place to post this opportunity when I came across your thread...looks like a perfect place to start so here goes :-
I have an 18m (60') KHSD cruising cat lying in Vanuatu.
I'm looking for people interested in buying a share in the vessel and sailing her around The World !
I built this vessel in New Zealand to commercial survey standards and have owned and operated her for 15 years so I know her like the back of my hand.
I'm a professional skipper with commercial maritime qualifications and a wealth of experience.
If you are even remotely considering a world cruising adventure this could be the opportunity for you !
Simon

I am looking for people to share ownership and responsibility of my vessel, as well as sharing the dream of an extended world cruise.

I don't envisage that all owners should neccessarily be onboard at all times, but rather be free to come and go as they choose, invite friends along etc.more or less on the lines of a timeshare arrangement.

I envisage the first leg would depart from New Zealand in June 2016, cruise through the Pacific Islands and on to the Far East.

If you think you may be interested in this opportunity please get in touch to discuss.

Check out Charter a yacht in the South Pacific for more info on the vessel and my present charter operation in Vanuatu.

Email Simon at southseasailing@gmail.com
Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #7
Lieutenant

Home Port: Portsmouth
Vessel Name: No Worries

That is a beautiful boat. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Port Vila
Vessel Name: South Sea Vagabond

Thanks for the feedback Steve, no luck yet but early days !