Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: La Crosse
Default Anywhere In The World, January 1st. Can Share Expenses

Couple, Jake and Emily, both 24 years old, looking to crew starting in January or February 2017. We are completely flexible till fall of 2017 when we will begin graduate school. (Jake for WaSH Engineering and Emily for Medical Genetics) Available to fly to any location in the world and will cover travel expenses. Looking for deep water sailing experience, but up for any adventure. Willing to join crew, cooking and chore rotations. We both have inland lake sailing experience on a variety of boats from Sunfish to 35ft sloops.

About us:
No Smoking/ no drugs
Little or no alcohol (although we do enjoy good wine)
Well Travelled/ well read (combined 30+ countries in Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia)
Laid back, good humoured, and easy going (yet dependable and level headed with attention to detail)
Very Physically fit, tough, and hard working - we don't mind long, midnight shifts in hot or cold weather
Clean, organized, and efficient with good hygiene habits
We pack light and carry minimal gear
First Aid, CPR, AED Certified (Class in April 2016)

About Emily:
Molecular biologist and analytical chemist in a government research lab
Electrofishing boat experience and experience in marine wildlife identification
Working proficiency in Spanish
Amazing cook and artist

About Jake:
Project manager and mechanical engineer with preventative maintenaince, plumbing, and design experience
Enjoys working with hand tools and troubleshooting faulty equipment
Conversational French. Can also supply terrible Italian and Spanish on demand
Comes with own hot sauce supply and boat friendly, travel edition of Settlers of Catan

Additional things we can offer:
Extensive Tutoring Experience (if you have children aboard)
Hiking, treking, and SCUBA partners (both NAUI certified)
A host of travel stories and bad puns
A dogged interest in everything the world has to offer

We are posting early as our alternate plan for this time block is to drive to Tierra Del Fuego from Wisconsin.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Auckland
Default Panama To New Zealand

Hi Jake and Emily
I will to be in Panama at least 3 days before the 1st of March may be sooner .
I am unsure as to how long it takes before we can go through the Panama - *about a week?
Next stop Galápagos Islands - *around 1000 nm and not much wind*so likely to involve some motoring
At this stage i am planning around one and half weeks at the Galápagos Islands
Next stop is the Marquises Islands. *They are about 3000 nm, *sailing time to get there around 18 days*
Next is Papeete - it’s about 1000 nm. *I would like to be there around late June for this Tahiti-Moorea Sailing Rendezvous

Next is the Cook Islands ? Tonga then Fiji,
I am unsure if we will go to New Caledonia or not or just come straight to NZ*
Should be in NZ by August to September
My wife does not like open water sailing but will meet me along the way for the stop overs
If you are still thinking about a sailing adventure PM me
Our yacht is a 43ft 2007 with everything needed. Last year I sailing it from Turkey to the Caribbean
Cheers
Colin