Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Ensign

I am German, 26 and currently looking for an opportunity to join and contribute to a voyage across the Atlantic this fall. The start would preferably be some time from MID SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER 2011 (ARC 2011!?) casting off anywhere on the Atlantic/Mediterranean. I'll be very flexible. Would also be happy with meeting up first in order to see if it would work. Don't hesitate to contact me, I can of course easily provide you with photos and info on my previous experience...

I'm a mechanical engineer who just graduated. I like and work hard on hands-on jobs as well. I am open minded (but not in a sense that I'm lost), ambitious, honest and certainly good in a team.

Besides other times spent aboard large vessels /yachts, I joined a delivery of a large sailing yacht from northern France to Malta. I am able to keep day and night watches, trim the sails, reef the sails, and do usual seamanship. I am very willing to share all on-board duties, including cooking and cleaning.

I like to sail and everything to do with sailing and have the German Coastal Skipper license for motor and sailing vessels. An opportunity to combine sailing with traveling, cruising, perhaps a bit of racing even etc. would be ideal. I'd also happily join a delivery.

My languages are:

- German: mother tongue

- English: fluent (although you might find some mistakes here). I spent 1.5 years in England (1 year doing voluntary work with children with special needs and half a year as an exchange student), 1 year in Michigan, USA(studying)).

- French: advanced, but probably just not about fluent yet. I'm currently writing my master thesis in Paris for 6 months. had French at school

- Spanish: beginner. I took some classes at university.

Tags
atlantic, atlantic crossing, crossing