Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Cologne
Default biologist looking for crew position in summer

Hi Everyone,
I' m a 33 year old male, physically fit, from Germany (with double citizenship, because my mum's American). I'm looking for a
way of spending my summer holidays on (and near) the sea. The destination is secondary, although Oceania, British Columbia or the Carribean have a special appeal to me.

I'm a teacher (with a master's equivalent in Biology, English and Philosophy), have backpacked extensively in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe), have done my share of outdoors trips (including kayaking and hiking), can do without comfort, am an avid diver and freediver, absolutely love the sea and nature both above and underwater. I speak English and German, but can also communicate reasonably well in Spanish and French. I am a fairly good cook (or so my friends tell me) and have learned to improvise during my travels. I would be very keen on learning to help with running the ship, but you'd have to teach me.

Looking forward to any replies,
Best,
Leon

Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Commander

Home Port: St. Augustine FL
Vessel Name: Linnupesa

Hi Leon

good to read your post. Perhaps my boat is one of the very few that has a binocular exam/dissecting microscope with 4 or 5 mags to select from. It's great for removing splinters from the butterfingers as well as for examining plankton or scored bearings. Though twice your age I'm an ex-biologist so I think we'd get along fine interests wise. ( M.Sc UCT Cape Town ) As you are, so am I into hiking and diving and with a great tolerance for what others may call hardship. But better a hardship than a soft ship. Of course that can be construed in myriad ways, especially at my age.

Linnupesa is in Florida right now as I want to explore a bit more of the Carib. Possibly she will return to Maine later this year as I did not nearly spend enough time on her there last year. I can pm you e-mail and phone and a link to a crew-site with some pics. The moderators on this site do tend to get their underwear all wadded up and twisted into knots if done here directly.

While plugging for crew, I'd like to get two or even three more aboard. Especially a seafaring wench would be perfect to add some balance and restraint to a bunch of boisterous boys at sea.

BTW: My German is excellent as I grew up with it. Afrikaans, Dutch some French and Spanish are other languages.

Tchuessi

Ivo s/v Linnupesa

Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Utrecht
Default crossing indian ocean

Hi Leon I finf you on cruiserslog. You are looking for a long and nice trip. Well my plan is crossing the indian ocean start medio may.
Route: Jakarta,cocos Islands, Mauritius, Madagaskar.
Duration 25 days. It is alsopossible to join us a part of the trip.
More info on my site: sailwithfuture.ontheweb.nl (in construction)
If you have interest, mail : zeilmetcor@gmail.com
greeting Cornelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealeon View Post
Hi Everyone,
I' m a 33 year old male, physically fit, from Germany (with double citizenship, because my mum's American). I'm looking for a
way of spending my summer holidays on (and near) the sea. The destination is secondary, although Oceania, British Columbia or the Carribean have a special appeal to me.

I'm a teacher (with a master's equivalent in Biology, English and Philosophy), have backpacked extensively in Asia, Africa, South America and Europe), have done my share of outdoors trips (including kayaking and hiking), can do without comfort, am an avid diver and freediver, absolutely love the sea and nature both above and underwater. I speak English and German, but can also communicate reasonably well in Spanish and French. I am a fairly good cook (or so my friends tell me) and have learned to improvise during my travels. I would be very keen on learning to help with running the ship, but you'd have to teach me.

Looking forward to any replies,
Best,
Leon
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Cologne
Default Dates (just to clarify)

Hi again,
it was stupid of me not to post the dates when I could be available. I have time between the 21.07.2013 and the 29.08.2013. I can fly out anywhere, but only within this timeframe.
Sorry about that.
Best,
Leon
Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Lieutenant

Home Port: No such thing
Vessel Name: Charisma
Default Sailing Eastern Indonesia

Hi Leon,

I'll be sailing from Singapore around the end of July to Eastern Indonesia all the way to Irian Jaya. With your time frame in mind the route would be Singapore, Batam, the Riau Group, southern Kalimantan, some islands I can't remenber the name, Bali,Lombok Flores and Eastward. I am also an avid diver and I have a compressor on board. Some of the reefs have been devastated by bombing and poisoning, which is an unfortunate common practice in the region, but there are still some gorgeous one and with a bit of luck some wrecks.
If you are interested to find out more I'll send you a write up on the boat, myself and the trip. Please note that my internet connection are infrequent but at least once a week.

Fair Winds,