Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Cartagena
Smile Colombia/Central-South America to Europe

Hola chic@s!
I am a 27-year-old Italian backpacker, currently volunteering in Colombia as a teacher - studied Performing Arts, many passions but no vocation, so learning on the way and reinventing myself a lot through the years and looking forward to the next steps, back in Europe, once done... loving nature and sea, my father worked on a banana cargo, my family had a travel agency, we possibly have some kind of nomadic free spirit seed in our DNA!
I feel I will need some time to explore the country before leaving. I finish my assignment in November, so I am looking for a lift from December 2017/January 2018, kind of flexible on dates. I would love to be part of a crew crossing the ocean, it's something that has always been appealing to me - I'm hard worker and an eager fast learner, I can definitely help with cleaning, laundry and cooking duties (peeling potatoes and carrots for weeks if needed lol (, and I would love to learn some on sailing too and to be able to help in any useful way!
Any schedule, route and European destination to drop me off could possibly work, please let me know if you are going to dear aul continent and you are interested in having and giving some help ^-^
Or if you have any advise about cargo companies which may cover the route, or general suggestions...
Hoping to hear from you soon, thank you, and may the winds blow your way! Sara.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Nassau
Vessel Name: Spirit 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit 1

Hi Sara,
I will be cruising Bahamas and SW Caribbean December 17 through March 18. Not exactly heading Europe however give me a shout if your commitments change and this could work for you.
brgds,
Alan

Old 07-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hi Sara, I wish you well in your search for passage to Europe. Most sailboats crossing from the east coast to Europe (across the Atlantic) tend to plan their cruise in April/June. The best option otherwise is to look for delivery crew work through major superyacht brokers. However, most of these will only employ experienced hands with recognized credentials and legitimate, signed and dated logbooks detailing hours at sea. Most cargo boats will require you to be a member of a maritime trade union.

Private boats making the passage need to be well researched and, of course, you will need to be wary of normally solo sailors, seeking 'companionship' on a cruise which often will not eventuate. Best of luck in your search. I hope you find what you seek.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:26 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Sidney

Hello Sarah
I'm heading for La Rochelle, France. Your platform is an Eleuthera 60,(Google "Images") a sailing multihull. I'm presently sailing down the Mexican Coast , Costa Rica and thru the Panama. Did the reverse course 12 years ago. There are ways and means of crossing the Atlantic any time of year.
My coordinates lawrence.papillon@gmail.com

Cheers
Lawrence

Tags
america, colombia, europe, south america