Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Manila
Default Crew in the Philippines

Hi my name is Emily and Im in the Philippines and have a dream to be on a sail boat and travel around. We ( I have 2 friends) are not rich but we can be deck hands or also pay shared expenses.Are you still looking for crew or do you know anyone who will be island hopping here or going to Bali or Borneo or even Thailand?. Of course we would like to travel and work but we can also pay money if thats required maybe the more expensive the shorter our dream. We have character references if required and please if you cant help us give my email to someone who is interested. My cell in the Philippines is +639169765647andmy email mydream2sail@gmail.com.
Thank You
Emily

Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hi Emily, I wish you luck in your quest for a crew spot on a cruising boat. There are many boats travelling through the Philippines en route to Japan, or, having crossed the North Pacific, heading for Asian ports to your west and even south to Australia. It may be worth your while to visit your local sailing clubs and offer to crew on boats engaged in club events.
The main reason for my post is to advise you of the normal arrangements which apply to crew on voyaging boats. You should expect to pay an equal share for food and beverage provisions. You should not be expected to pay any money toward maintenance of the boat, including the cost of fuel to run the engine.
A daily fee should not be imposed upon you. The way you 'pay' for your passage is by being a good crew member. You will need to assist in all activities regarding the sailing of the vessel, housework, cooking and watch keeping.
You should have your own bunk, and area for stowage of limited personal belongings and you will need to become familiar with safety drills as determined by the skipper.
It is a great way to see the world. The work is not generally difficult but you need to understand that when at sea, you are on call 24/7.
Best of luck.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Auzzq
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Ensign

HiAuzzie
Sorry didnt mean tosend that lastq
Old 06-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Ensign

the q virus every time q screws up my emails wll try again tomorrow
Old 07-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
Ensign

Default Hi Auzzee

Hi Auzzee thanks for the info and wlll follow what you said with the exception of the petrol which is ok with me but I have had people ask for depreciation o the boat. Are you planning to comq
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Ensign

come to Philippines?

Tags
crew