Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: vancouver
Default Eager Newbie for hire

I am ready and willing to be on any crew going anywhere. I would like to gain more experience in any or all areas of crewing a ship. I have experience as a deckhand for a short lived whale watching company and as a factory worker aboard a fishing vessel. I am strong, able, enthusiastic and a quick study. Give me a shout if i seem like your guy.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hi Jordan. Welcome to the site and I wish you luck in your quest. It is worthwhile remembering that crewing on recreational yachts (whether a newbie or a seasoned salt) is rarely a paid position.
You may gain free experience sailing locally, especially if you join a sailing club. But on a voyaging boat you will be expected to pay your way at least in so much as you will be required to share food and drink expenses. Depending on the boat and the requirements of the rest of the crew, your share may be either a percentage of rice rations, or a percentage of caviar rations.

However, what you will gain is a world of adventure, new friends and a skill which will change your life.

Best wishes.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanbray View Post
I am ready and willing to be on any crew going anywhere. I would like to gain more experience in any or all areas of crewing a ship. I have experience as a deckhand for a short lived whale watching company and as a factory worker aboard a fishing vessel. I am strong, able, enthusiastic and a quick study. Give me a shout if i seem like your guy.
Hello,

I saw your ad on cruiserlog.com.
I am also looking for the opportunity to travel by boat and gain experience, so if you happen to know of a boat looking for crew, it would be much appreciated to let me know and I can do the same.
I don't have much sailing experience but do have more on motor boats. The experience has been all in France, almost completely canals and rivers, some time at the helm but more deckhand-type stuff going through the locks and under winching bridges. Some time navigating in the Paris area. I have licenses for French pleasure boats- one for canals and rivers and one for coastal.

I speak fluent English, French, and Italian; I currently live much of the time in Europe.

Regards,

Michelle

Tags
creative, crew, hire, newbie, vancouver