Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Ensign

Thanks for reading my post. I'm a Canadian writer in the midst of a travel / life adventure. Have finished a month of sailing Vanuatu from Port Vila to Santo, visiting remote islands and meeting villagers. Along the way we performed Reef Check surveys and, at one village in Malakula, collaborated with the villagers to remove 511 coral-reef destroying crown of thorn starfish. Have had one proposal of marriage, two offers of unlimited accommodation and have enjoyed many precious connections with people.

Sailing experience, in addition to the one month aboard a 37m, ferro-concrete ketch, includes several seasons of fresh water sailing on Lake Ontario, one the five Great Lakes, including a crossing. Certifications: Cruising Standard, Marine First Aid and VHF-DSC. Also Open Water Diver certification and have all equipment except tank and weights, both of which I'd be happy to purchase. I am keen to learn more about navigation and sailing in general.

My former belief, "home" is the place our children were born, is currently under revision as I realize flags breed walls and we have too many divisions as it is. Not yet ready to return to North America, I'd first like to explore South East Asia...Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia (or wherever). I'd be happy to fly to Australia to meet a vessel, and dive the Great Barrier Reef before departure, or can fly anywhere within 5,000 nm of Vanuatu. Also compelling is a trans-oceanic passage to South or Central America and, depending on the route and timing, either via Pacific or Atlantic would be equally attractive. The Caribbean, particularly Mexico's Mayan Peninsula, would make for a major milestone destination.

Strongly biased toward a safe, comfortable journey on a > 50 ft yacht with a seasoned skipper over whether SV or MV or, where the actual itinerary leads. The locale is a smaller part of the journey.

I'm a non-smoker, though can appreciate a fine cigar on occasion, eat pretty much everything and make an effort to balance good with healthy. Would follow a vegan diet if a full-time chef without an agenda and who is capable of creating a good-tasting menu, was available. I'm indifferent about "social drinking" though am equipped to create the yet-uncontested finest dirty, sapphire martini in the universe and I do enjoy a cold beer on a hot afternoon.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Ensign

Hello,

We are Jelle and Floortje and we are sailing around the world on our 33ft sailing vessel (www.doeidoei2.org for pictures). We are looking for a crew to sail with us from Vanuatu to Australia, via New Caledonia and maybe Lord Howe Island. We will try to leave Vanuatu somewhere around the first of december. We are in Fiji at the moment.

Are you interested.

Hope to hear from you,

Jelle and Floortje

floortjeh@yahoo.com

Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
Ensign

Sorry, I said leave Vanuatu the first of december, but I meant the first of November! (from Tanna).

Hope to hear from you,

Jelle and Floortje
Old 10-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Ensign

Crew wanted from Apia, Western Samoa to Singapore – Mid October 2011

Hi, Unpaid crew with self-paid transport, with or without experience, wanted for delivery of Cal 46 from Apia, Western Samoa to Singapore from mid Oct – mid Dec 2011. UK professional delivery captain on board with more than 18 years of experience. Great learning opportunity! Please email to: wdf6575 “at” sailmail “dot” com

Vincent & Yi-Lin

Tags
asia, vanuatu