Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: perth
Smile looking at crewing mid / late july and on wards

hello all
i'm looking at resigning from my job after 10 years, needing a break and change and making most of it while i'm not tied anywere
i've had experince sailing on my friends 28 ft trailor sailor around moreton bay queensland and also here in perth western australia on a s97 racing yacht out of royal perth yacht club
like to go around asia or european islands and able to get myself to the start port
i'm fit, 40 yo male and up for most things
hoping to hear soon
mick

Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Good luck in finding a great adventure!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #3

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Good luck in finding a great adventure!

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Ensign

thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Rear Admiral

Default What's a - s97 ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick wa View Post
hello all
i'm looking at resigning from my job after 10 years, needing a break and change and making most of it while i'm not tied anywere
i've had experince sailing on my friends 28 ft trailor sailor around moreton bay queensland and also here in perth western australia on a s97 racing yacht out of royal perth yacht club
like to go around asia or european islands and able to get myself to the start port
i'm fit, 40 yo male and up for most things
hoping to hear soon
mick
Gooday Mick. Great to see you in here, fabulous place, this is.

I"ve PM'ed you. However - which is your preference - Asia or Europe ?? Europe is way to cold for me - SE Asia will keep me busy for more years than I have left, darn. The Philippines alone has 1700 islands, gosh that's a lot - the weather is O.K. until the Typhoon season but that's just like the cyclone season in Broome, Darwin or Cairns - serious but no biggy - if you prepare for it. Then there Darwin to Ambon - cruise in company - then explore some more - or back to Darwin to do the Darwin to Bali - then there's The Kings Cup in Phuket etc etc - I might not live long atall - have to keep 'partying down a bit - ha ha - not likely that'll ever happen. There's the China SEa Cup plus 100's of other fun things to do. When the boat get fixed - as in finished - I'll make a run up there. Do keep in touch. Ciao, james
Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Ensign

never been to to europe so would give it a try during the summer months, hate the cold, so would give asia a go as wells97 is about 9.7 metre yacht
mick