Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
Ensign

I recently completed a wonderful three year circumnavigation, (1 canal, 1 cape). And after resting up for a couple of months and wracking my brains for similarly fun alternatives, I haven’t come up with anything better than keeping right on sailing.

I'm now on what has become a shamefully generous sabbatical after living and working in Asia for nineteen years. I’ve spent nearly all of the last few years traveling or working on boats. Aside from the circumnavigation I've sailed in various places from the North Sea to the Red Sea. My desire is to keep learning much more about the sea, boats and sailing, and to have some fun and enjoy good times along the way hopefully too.

I’m single, male, fit and healthy and forty eight years old, I don’t smoke at all but enjoy a glass of red wine over dinner if it’s around (never more than the Captain of course!). As far as yacht skills go, I have been fortunate to learn from several gifted sailors over the years and miles and have I hope picked up more good technique than bad from them! I skipper charter boats for a Barcelona based charter on occasion when I’m my adopted home of the Baleares Islands.

I’m a talented and enthusiastic cook (I’ve been told!) having done courses in China and Thailand and am happy to do at least my share of galley work. On the circumnavigation my Captain claimed to be entirely unable to cook or provision the boat, I was happy to take over those duties completely for him, not much choice! I’ve been fishing since I was a wee lad in Scotland, I have my own gear if you don't fish and am usually pretty successful.

It’s been my responsibility to prepare, maintain, repair and do client check-in/out on the charter yachts I’ve skippered. So I hope I'm pretty resourceful when it comes to the inevitable fault diagnosis and solving, and I'd always help as much as I possibly can. I was brought up on Scottish farms repairing ancient buildings and keeping ‘sixties and ‘seventies cars and motorcycles more or less roadworthy which doubtless helped here...

Aside from all that I’m easy going, considerate, responsible, hard working, reasonable, positive and sociable. I enjoy a good laugh and would hope to find a Captain and crew with similar values. I’m fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Thai and Spanish, should anyone be planning a particularly exotic passage that might be handy! I’m open to any kind of offer, any conditions and any destination so if you’re interested, or have any bright ideas where I might find such a situation please get in touch, I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards, Kerry. Please e-mail me at kerrycatch at yahoo dot com

Jul 2003 Baleares Islands and day hopping in charter Beneteau 311, two aboard.

Jul 2004 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, Baleares Islands and day hopping, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona in owner’s Bavaria 36, four aboard.

Jun 2006 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, Baleares Islands and day hopping, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona in owner’s Bavaria 36, two aboard.

Jun to Sept 2007 Crossing Barcelona to Mallorca, multi Baleares Islands hops and coastal cruising, crossing Mallorca to Barcelona. I was assisting with charter preparation and deliveries in owner’s Bavaria 36, various numbers of crew aboard.

Dec 2007 Medemblik, Isselmeer Holland to Brest France, via English south coast ports in owner’s Hanse 430e, two aboard.

Mar to May 2008 Aden, Yemen to Egypt, Red Sea cruising in owners Catana 44, two aboard.

May to Oct 2008 Baleares Islands, several crossings, two solo, also Costa Brava

skippering chartered Bavaria 36 and as working crew on a 19m Turkish Tirandil.

Nov to Dec 2008 Gibraltar Spain to St. Lucia Caribbean on a Leopard 46 catamaran with three aboard her.

Dec to Jan 2009 Curaco to Cartagena, through San Blas archipelago to Colon Panama in Adams 12, three aboard.

Feb 2009 to July 2011 Colon Panama to Holland the long way via Panama canal, New Zealand and the Cape of Good Hope on a Waquiez 43 Pilot Saloon with a wonderful but galley-phobic Captain, two aboard.

September 2001 to date Skippering Bavaria 36 charter boat in Baleares Islands.

Tags
atlantic