Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Pal/Hard Worker/Helper

Home Port: Wilmington, NC
Talking Pleasure Cruising from Sydney or AU in December 2013?

I'm thinking about being a hand on a sailing or motor yacht starting in Sydney ~09 Dec 2013 traveling to anywhere (islands or countries) for a few weeks to a few months.

I've spent time on both types of yachts, but am no expert sailor. If you're looking for some help on board and a pal on shore you should consider me. I'm fun, outgoing, not afraid of much but big sharks and being hit on - it annoys me.

On board - I'd be happy snorkeling, fishing, playing cards or games, reading, writing, drawing, and letting you talk every once in a while ; ), and learning about the boat, navigation, engineering, your hobbies?, etc. On shore - and I would hope we'd get to go ashore fairly often - I'd like to explore, hike, see the local sites/culture, help gather supplies (and shop for fun), try the local food and beverage, etc. Like I said in my profile (if you can read it) I'm pretty social so am happy to have guests on board or meet/socialize with you and your friends on shore. I'm open to different types of people and lifestyles (and borderline crazy about animals) - or traveling prob wdn't be so much fun.

Although I don't consider myself a princess- I am a bit modest. I would like your boat to have a bathroom (meaning a commode, sink and a shower - ideally), and I'd need my own sleeping area, too. Is that too much to ask? I think not!

I'm also an only child/oldest child (4 half siblings from 34-10 yrs old!) so I'm happy being alone. And I'm also self-sustaining financially (I have my own little consulting business), so I can afford my personal expenses and trip home from wherever we end up. : )

So, where wd you like to go? What do you have in mind? Any questions for me? Contact me at wwmn86 at google mail's usual address! - Amanda

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Occasionally we see adds here from single male sailors who, despite attempts to disguise the fact, are looking primarily for a bed mate. I think they are in the minority but they do exist. Tales of woe prompted me to include the following in my Ship's Articles:
"Try to quietly impress members of the opposite sex as much as you wish, but do not chase them, until they are in a position to be able to run away."
Best of luck Amanda I'm sure you will have no trouble finding a berth.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Darwin
Smile

Hi Amanda,

Not sure if this is of interest to you as we are not leaving until September 2014. I own a 57' custom designed catamaran. We are leaving on a world trip in September 2014 from Darwin Australia with the world cruising club. So far there is only my eldest son (31 years) and myself 61 years leaving, I have a younger son (29) who might do some legs to - also when he makes his mind up if he wants to leave his girl for an extended time. The route is on the world cruising club World ARC site - basically across the Indian Ocean, stopping at a few places then from Cape Town to South America and on to the Caribbean - a total of 8 months. At them moment the plan is to layup in the Caribbean for 8 months. I am happily married (40 years) and my wife is sailing on some of the legs, Darwin to Bali and some others when she makes her mind up. We really need 4 persons on board for most of the time. The boat is very well equiped with watermaker genset hot water, 2 toilets and 2 large showers, double cabins full electronics etc. She sails herself once under way but 4 folks just mean the watchkeeping is easier. Cost wise the rally primary costs I will pay. There is crew leg costs (about $1300 I think for the whole 1/2 rally) plus a share of the food and fuel. Other than that your spending money etc. She is a very capable and well appointed fast boat. Details of the boat can be found at Johns Site Home Page (Sirocco). If you are interested let me know or if you know anyone else who is let me or them know too.
Cheers John - good luck with our travels
Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

"I'm fun, outgoing, not afraid of much but big sharks and being hit on - it annoys me."

No sharks around here. As for the other, unlikely to happen unless you're rich or famous or something.

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, sydney