Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Darwin
Exclamation SAILING OUT >>Darwin to X [everywhere outside Australia]<< ASAP

Hello everyone,
I am Massi, Italian gentleman at the end of the visa: after one year traveling and (mostly) working around Australia, time is come to hit the road again.
One simple plan: return to Sicily homeland by sea and land only!
First step: get out from Oz by boat indeed.
I seek maritime transportation from Darwin to Timor-Leste or Indonesia or any land that is outside Australia and from which I can travel further!
I have experience traveling and working in boats and I do not have any fixed travel plan: I could start my travel from Indonesia, PNG, Solomon Islands, Thailand, India, South Africa!
I will share food costs and be the crew member you are looking for: hard worker / welder / labourer and I can cook delicious Italian/Sicilian dishes! Basically I am willing to do anything I can to any boat willing to have me abroad!
If you are interested or have a friend / contact that is looking for crew, do not hesitate to contact me!
Thanks for your time and see you soon!

Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
Admiral

Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hey Massi. Go down and visit Dinah Beach Cruising Yacht Association and post a note on their boards. Most cruisers heading north will check in here for a meal and a beer...Those who don't will go to the Darwin Sailing Club in Fanny Bay. They also have a board where you can post your requirements.

The only drawback is the time of year. Cyclone season is fast approaching and many cruisers will stay in Darwin until the dry season comes around. However, some intrepid cruisers will sail north at this time of year. Timor is just over the horizon and is a short sail. This could well be in your favour, but moving on from Timor could be difficult before about April next year.

Best wishes for your planned travels.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
Ensign

Hi Auzzee,
thank you very much for your suggestions! I have already contacted Dinah Beach and the club in Fanny Bay, they already posted my advertisment. I have also posted it in the club close to Rodriguez road ramp.
I also posted the advertisment in different fb groups and gumtree, but yet nothing serious.
I think once I reach Timor-Leste or Indonesia I will be able to travel with local ferries since the distance between the islands is very small.
I know that the cyclone season is approaching, but I guess it is still possible to travel in some "open windows" during that season. Anyway I am looking for a ride asap and from Darwin to Dili it is only about 2 days of navigation!

Thank you again for your interest in my post and your suggestions.
I will let you know if I find something o/

Tags
australia, darwin, sail, sailing