Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 08-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Marktoberdorf
Default Sailing Passage to Fiji, Vanuatu or Samoa

Hello everybody.

Let's try it again Hopefully with more luck this time.

After discovering the beautiful landscapes of New Zealand for the next more 2 1/2 month i'm searching for a sailing-passage to one of the small islands of Fiji, Vanuatu or Samoa.

The whole plan is, to come from Australia to Southamerica without flying any more. I know.....it's a real Challenge. But it would probably be a miracle, to find an opportunity to sail for the entire distance at a stretch. So let's start with little steps at a time.

Going back to Australia on 20. October 2014, so my window for the departure would be....let's say from begin of November to mid of January. I'm very flexible with this. I got a plenty of time, but less of money !

I'm not a real rookie when it comes to sailing. Helped to deliver a Leopard 48 from Capetown to Sydney as a crew. But i think, to sail on a cat or to sail on a monohaul will be a complete different thing. So don't expect too much. I can definetly make my shifts......my hand-steering wasn't too bad (because of some serious problems with the autopilot) and i'm not shy, if it comes rough, wet and cold. Just made the Overland Track and the Abel Tasman Track in Winter. And i loved it !!! And it was wet and cold....and on some stages also very rough !

And thank god....there are pills against sea-sickness !!!! One of the best inventions ever.

So, if you are heading in this direction in the right time-gap and you're searching for crew.....just let me know.

For more informations about my person just take a look at my website: Holger und die Weltenbummlerei

And for more questions, my e-mail is: holgi1268@web.de

I'm travelling without any technical gimmicks, so maybe it can take some days for me to reply.....

So.....my desire is now in the big wide world of the Internet and the slightly smaller world of sailors. Let's see, what happens. Please.....if you're not sailing in this direction.....maybe you know someone, who will.....just let him now, that here is someone looking for a passage.

Cheers,

Holger "Bob" Guse

Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Marktoberdorf

I forgot something important !!!

Would be nice, if i can find a departure from Australia. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth......i got plenty of time to go there.

Thanks a lot !

Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

No, you won't find a boat travelling to those parts at that time of year. It's cyclone season, and most of the countries you list will be closed to visiting vessels anyway. Cruising season runs from April/May to late October in those parts. You would need an uninsured boat (no insurance company will touch a boat sailing into those parts in cyclone season), and a skipper with a death wish.

You might have more luck finding a boat going the other way. Wait until June or July then head to Darwin to find a spot on the Darwin to Ambon rally. Then head through Indonesia to Singapore, Langkawi or Phuket to find a boat crossing the Indian Ocean around the cape and then across the Atlantic.

Tags
fiji, sail, sailing, vanuatu