Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 AM   #1
Ensign

1. Boat details - 38 foot Baveria, Three Cabin Sloop. Sleeps 8
  2. Embarkation point - Pacific Playground Marina, Courtenay, British Columbia. This is on Vancouver Island, B.C.
  3. Who is responsible for travel expenses to join & repatriation from vessel? You are. I give to my Church for Charity
  4. Details of the voyage, planned sailing date and expected duration. Sleep aboard on July 4, 2008, cruise the Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast and return July 12, 2008. A total of 1 week onboard.
  5. Expectations of crew (duties) and level of qualification required. Companionship more than anything, defintely share of domestic duties, cooking, dishes, etc!!
  6. Is crew required to contribute an equal share of food/drink costs? Yes, any where from $20.00 a day to $100.00 day, depending what you want to eat and drink. If the lady is petite and the man is big and burly and the daughter eats like a sparrow like our daughter, then the food should be reasonable cost. If we eat on shore then you will get your own resteraunt bill and we will get ours.
We, my wife and I and my 12 year old daughter, are seeking new friends, mostly for my daughter, but this is not a babysitting trip either, so we would like the parents to come along from July 4 to July 12, 2008. Sat will see us in Comox to be joined by a 34 foot Hunter we two couples on it but no kids.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Hi "solocam3"

Please confirm:

Would the expected equal share of food/drinks be $20 (to $100) each -equating to $80 ($400) per day for food/drinks on the boat, or $20 (to $100) shared equally between the 4 pax on board.

Thanks

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
Ensign

[QUOTE=name='Lighthouse' date='Jun 2 2008, 01:59 AM' post='22299']

Hi "solocam3"

Please confirm:

Would the expected equal share of food/drinks be $20 (to $100) each -equating to $80 ($400) per day for food/drinks on the boat, or $20 (to $100) shared equally between the 4 pax on board.

Thanks

Hi Lighthouse, that would be per person each, and as requested, it is just an ESTIMATED contribution.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Ensign

hello there

would u concider takeing a single female along for your trip? who is not married and has so kids? please let me know as i would be intrested in coming along for your sdailing trip? the trip sound like a nice trip and i would be willing to help out where ever i m needed and i like to cook and do other things.

please let me know and hope to hear from you soon. you may email or put a reply on here if you feel that this is better to reply on here. thanks and have a nice day

susan
Old 06-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
Ensign

The Company has been found so this post is closed.

Solocam3
Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thank you for the update.

Topic now closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread