Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to southpacific Send a message via MSN to southpacific Send a message via Yahoo to southpacific

Boat details -

Carter 42 sloop racing genre yacht

Embarkation point -

LARNACA CYPRUS

Who is responsible for travel expenses to join & repatriation from vessel?

Crews own responsibility also for visas and medical coverage.

Details of the voyage, planned sailing date

Within next 2 weeks ( END MAY)

expected duration

1 to 6 months dependant on availability of crew

Expectations of crew (duties) and level of qualification required.

Able to hand, reef and steer, knowledge of lights and Rule of the road procedures and bouyage required, able to stand nightwatch

Is crew required to contribute an equal share of food/drink costs?

YES costings on about 25$ US per day (Alcohol NOT included)

This is a nonsmoking vessel and would not suit an aged or unfit (infirm ) crew due to its nature of design and handling or a dietry vegetarian.

The boat has no alcohol policy whilst underway and only permited in moderate terms when at anchor.

This is a transit/fast cruise passage that should touch at the following locations but this is not a definitive list or one that is cast in stone for location or timings...

Intinary

Depart .Cyprus

END May>>>>north west

Rhodes

JUNE>>>>north west

Turkey ( possibly)

JUNE southwest

Greece

june>>>>north

Croatia

June>>>>

Italy (east side) heading south

Mid end june>>>>

Malta

July>>>heading north

Italy..(west)

La spezia

August 10th

Corsica

September >>>>west

balerics/Spain

October>>> south west

gibratar

October November

Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to southpacific Send a message via MSN to southpacific Send a message via Yahoo to southpacific

To Clarify....

cost split between numbers in crew...ie 25$ split even if two... pro rata if 3 or more

thanks

Southpacific

Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to bigtrevunsui Send a message via Yahoo to bigtrevunsui

Hello

I am a 26 year old male that has no sailing experience but is very physically fit and was wondereing if you have already shoved off or if you still are looking for crew.

I have no time frame and would love a chance.

email is trevsheehan25@yahoo.com

thanks trevor
Old 06-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Ensign

Fit 47 year old firefighter and EMT interested in finding out if I can join you for about a month from the middle of July until the middle of August. I have prior sailing experience, love bluewater and the ocean, am a diver, underwater photographer and fisherman, mellow and easy going. More information at www.myspace.com/bt1961. Thanks...arackanaxeandthepackonmyback@yahoo.com.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Ensign

ALREADY SAILED
and now in Turkish waters heading for malta.. ETA approx 12th July. Will be looking for crew on the legs from Malta to Northern Italy ( La Spezia) EU nationals only please ............South Pacific...
Old 07-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Ensign

Now in Msida Marina Malta.. with an intended departure before the 4th August to La Spezia north Italy via west Sicily, east of Sardinia, Corsica and west of Elba./.Intended crew can fly to nearby Luqa airport ( malta) and if necessary can fly out at Pisa in north Italy...Dated 21st JULY
Old 07-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpacific View Post
Now in Msida Marina Malta.. with an intended departure before the 4th August to La Spezia north Italy via west Sicily, east of Sardinia, Corsica and west of Elba./.Intended crew can fly to nearby Luqa airport ( malta) and if necessary can fly out at Pisa in north Italy...Dated 21st JULY
I'm available for the Trans Atlantic part in November.

Yacht Master Offshore and ICC. Handy on board, can cook, and pleasent company.

If you have a berth available we can work things out by email/phone.

Michael in Kinsale
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #8
Ensign

Hi,

I am a fit 48 yo Australian. I have done an Atlantic crossing and cruised in the Pacific so I have th necesary experience to join your crew. I would like to get from Atibes to Palma de Mallorca sontime in August. My time-frame is flexible and I can travel to meet the boat if required. I have posted an ad in the 'Crew looking for positions section'

Cheers, Richard
Old 07-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
Ensign

Hi,

I'd be interested in crewing with you from late August onward. I'm a 22 yo recent college graduate from California, currently studying in Germany. I've sailed before in the States and the Med, and would love to learn more. I'll be in northern Italy until around 18 August, upon which time I could come meet the boat anywhere in the western mediterranean.

Cheers,

Danny

deastman47@gmail.com
Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
Ensign

Hi,

I'm interested in joining your crew for the last 2 weeks of august (approx.).

I'm a 20 yo Belgian studying economics in Brussels.

I have plenty of sailing experience including a transatlantic voyage from the Azores to Portugal.

I can join the boat anywhere in the Mediterranean.

If you are interested please contact me at aprovist@gmail.com

I would be more than happy to give you more details about my previous sailing experiences or answer any questions you may have.

Best regards,

Gaëtan
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #11
sebastien

Hi,

My name is Sebastien. I'm 20 yo.

I recently graduated as industrial electrician.

I would like to join your trip the 2 last weeks of august (give or take a few days).

I have been sailing now for a year as part of a racing crew in Breskens (the Netherlands) and Zeebruges (Belgium) and have been sailing for more than 8 years on mono and multihull boats as an RBSC member.

I've been looking for a sailing opportunity in the Mediterranean for quite some time

I would be my pleasure to join your crew.

You can contact me at sebastienvansacker@me.com

Greets,

Sébastien

Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Ensign

There seems to be a little confusion.. There is NO transatlantic Crossing.. I'm cutting my wake just off Portugal and thats the end of my personal circumnavigation..I crossed the Atlantaic in 2002 outbound..
Old 08-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Ensign

THIS STRING WILL NOW BE CLOSED AS iM APPROACHING GIBRALTAR AND AT PRESENT WILL NO BE REQUIRING ANY FURTHER CREW, tHANK YOU ONE AD ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST.. HOPE YOU HAVE SAFE AND FAST SAILING WHEREVER YOU GO.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thank you for the update.

TOPIC NOW CLOSED!

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
med