Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
Ensign

I have a Glufstar 44 sloop that needs crew to New Zealand. Plan to arrive the first week of December 2008. I would like a total crew of 4, myself included. Food costs to be split evenly, should be about $2000.00 each. It may be less but I doubt it. I am presently stuck in Panama awaiting my transit (June 9th at the moment, subject to change). Experence not necessary, but a good attitude is. The boat is comfortable and well built. New Sails, new hatches. Please email at captdavebvi@hotmail.com for more information. Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
Admiral

Please provide answers to the following questions (as reguired in the guidelines above)

# Embarkation point - where will crew join the vessel.

# Who is responsible for travel expenses to join & repatriation from vessel?

# Details of the voyage.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Ensign

I will be transiting the Canal May 20, subject to change (often). Crew can board at either end of the Canal. Crew will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the vessel.

We have to be in New Zealand by the first week of December 2008. We will stop at as many islands on the way as time allows.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Ensign

Send a message via Yahoo to cwsnowpro

hello Captain DaveBVI,

You got to be kidding. Thank you Moderator for seeing this.

Take time away from my job, sail with you and pay. Then stuck in NZL and have to pay around $1000. to get back to N America. How much are you getting paid to move this boat?

sorry dude, you need us...

CW
Old 05-08-2008, 03:59 AM   #5
Admiral

No CW,

This is not a bad deal. It averages out at approx. $10 per day which is not excessive at all for food costs.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with your opinions but this forum does agree to cost sharing for food and other expenses attributed to the crew as long as it is just that and no more.

Aye // Stephen

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME?

www.nausikaa.org.uk

= Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
Ensign

My name is Sean and I'm inexperienced sailor. However, I am 23, college educated, an Eagle Scout, and very physically fit. I am outgoing, easy to get along with, a moderate cook and cleaner, listen to all music, and most of all, am willing to take any position you may have onboard. I am a hard worker and very dedicated to the work I involve myself in. Please let me know if you are interested in what I have to offer. I would prefer departure later than June but if I am what you are looking for, let me know when you plan to leave. I just need a small heads up so I may get to Panama from Wyoming. Thank you.

Sean

seanpmccormick@yahoo.com

(406)546-4524
Old 05-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #7
Ensign

Send a message via Yahoo to cwsnowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
No CW,

This is not a bad deal. It averages out at approx. $10 per day which is not excessive at all for food costs.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with your opinions but this forum does agree to cost sharing for food and other expenses attributed to the crew as long as it is just that and no more.

Aye // Stephen
Hey there Stephen,

Thanks for that.

I am just getting tired of being asked to pay my way when I find out that someone is getting paid to move the boat.

CW
Old 05-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #8
Ensign

Thanks. I found a crew. Can you please delete my post?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #9
Admiral

Thanks for the news that you have found crew.

Tags
new zealand, panama