Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   General Cruising Forum (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Nc Coastal Sailing (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f12/nc-coastal-sailing-3809.html)

JohnS 02-27-2010 02:15 PM

Hi,

I live in North Carolina and am brand new to this board and really to sailing although I sailed alot as a kid. My two sons are crazy about sailing and have been doing as much of it as possible in recent summers. They are 12 and 15 now, and I want to find a really good, top quality, sailing charter to hire boat and captain for 3 to 5 days to sail the NC coast this summer, maybe along with a few friends. Do any of you have familiarity with this area and could you recommend quality boat/captain for hire for me to contact? Thanks. JS

redbopeep 02-27-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnS (Post 41124)
Hi,

I live in North Carolina and am brand new to this board and really to sailing although I sailed alot as a kid. My two sons are crazy about sailing and have been doing as much of it as possible in recent summers. They are 12 and 15 now, and I want to find a really good, top quality, sailing charter to hire boat and captain for 3 to 5 days to sail the NC coast this summer, maybe along with a few friends. Do any of you have familiarity with this area and could you recommend quality boat/captain for hire for me to contact? Thanks. JS

Hello John,

Hopefully someone will come along with more info...but if they don't... I suggest that you get in touch with the larger yacht clubs along the North Carolina coast. They will likely know reputable sailors with proper licensing, etc. When you look at advertisements, you have no way of knowing the people involved.

There is a linked list of some North Carolina yacht clubs here. A starting point?

Fair winds,

karenmmc 03-02-2010 01:59 AM

Where are you located? Would Oriental be convenient?

Try Whitaker Creek Marina

Also, have you looked into Camp Seagull? I think they only serve up to age 16, but often hire counselors/helpers that are older teens.