Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums

Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/)
-   Crew Positions Wanted (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f60/)
-   -   From Europe to somewhere or from somewhere to Europe (http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f60/from-europe-to-somewhere-or-from-somewhere-to-europe-5753.html)

raymonds 12-07-2011 09:26 AM

From Europe to somewhere or from somewhere to Europe

Hi,

I'm Raymond, a 28 year old Dutch student. I finish my studies in February 2012 and hereafter I would fancy a long sailing trip, before starting a dull-time :p job and excluding the ability to be this adventurous :confused: . Therefore it would be really great if someone is still looking for a crew member, I'm available halfway March for a couple of months.
As intercontinental plane tickets are rather expensive, it would be great to either start or finish in an European port. Of course, being a student still, I'm not really rich or anything :huh:. Anyhow, I will be able to pay for my food and daily expenses, but will consider my duties on the boat as a pay for the sleeping place.
I do not have much experience at sea and only started sailing inshore in 2008, but last year I participated in an introductory sea sailing course and sailed five days at the Dutch part of the North Sea. This fuelled my enthusiasm for a long cruising trip. I do regularly sail in small inshore boats though, and like having rough weather. Fortunately, I'm interesting in learning everything and usually learn new skills quite fast :rolleyes:.

I speak Dutch (native), English (experienced), German (intermediate) and a tiny bit of French.

Skippers and boat owners of the globe, I hope to be hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Raymond

Saltwaterlakey 02-08-2012 10:06 AM

Give me a chat. Im sailing my 46 from Kos to Slovenia in First week of April. Scott

raymonds 02-11-2012 12:17 AM

I'm rather delayed in my studies and expect not to be ready before 20th of April, maybe later. So unfortunately nothing sure yet, but I can't make it for sure the first week of April.