Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruising Forums > General Cruising Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Ensign

A guy in town just bought a 60' steel cutter rig in Hawaii named " Go For Broke".

I have two questions;

1. Does anyone know this boat?

2. He wants me to help bring it to California, Port San Luis, in April.

Any suggestions about traveling from Hawaii to California during that time frame will be very welcome! as it seems to be a time that could be.....how should I say? Different.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairahulls' date='15 February 2010 - 05:00 PM View Post

A guy in town just bought a 60' steel cutter rig in Hawaii named " Go For Broke".

I have two questions;

1. Does anyone know this boat?

2. He wants me to help bring it to California, Port San Luis, in April.

Any suggestions about traveling from Hawaii to California during that time frame will be very welcome! as it seems to be a time that could be.....how should I say? Different.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.
Aloha, my name is Bryan, I have also talked a little to the owner that wants to have his boat delivered to the mainland. I do not know alot about it yet, but I have done this type of delivery 2 times in the past. I am a delivery captain, and a charter boat captain on Maui. Maybe we could chat and possibly put a crew together to move this boat. Bryan S.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbryan' date='27 March 2010 - 02:17 PM View Post

Aloha, my name is Bryan, I have also talked a little to the owner that wants to have his boat delivered to the mainland. I do not know alot about it yet, but I have done this type of delivery 2 times in the past. I am a delivery captain, and a charter boat captain on Maui. Maybe we could chat and possibly put a crew together to move this boat. Bryan S.
Bud Scelsa, the surveyor I hired to survey the boat before I bought it, has proven to be a great asset and friend. He is well known in the islands, and is referred to as "The best in the business", by everyone who I've met. He is also a delivery captain, but unfortunately, he is unavailable at this time. He has however, been of great help, in referring to me many top quality people, including, his partner, Bryan Stewart,

So this must be you? Steve has had some problems with a guy watching his boat, which is why he is there now. I maybe coming over in a few days to a week from now.

Contact me at stokesla@earthlink.net or 805-471-0593.

Thanks,

Lynn A. Stokes

BTW Do you know Fran and Gracie? They are/were running charters out of maui for years. Also they are from Avalon as am I.

TTYl

Tags
hawaii