Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
Ensign

I'm looking for one or two crew to join me sailing from from Thailand to Turkey, beginning in mid February 2008. For more info respond here with your email. Remember to use an "AT" in your addy.

# Boat details - size, etc.

Cascade 42, a 42' monohull

# Embarkation point - where will crew join the vessel.

Phuket, Thailand

# Who is responsible for travel expenses to join & repatriation from vessel?

individual crew cover their own travel costs and admin costs (visa etc

# Details of the voyage, planned sailing date and expected duration.

intend leaving Phuket in Mid February, travelling to Sri Lanka, then up the Red Sea arriving in Turkey in late May

# Expectations of crew (duties) and level of qualification required.

watchkeeping at sea, housekeeping at anchor ... Overnight experience preferred, but not essential. Positive attitude required.

# Is crew required to contribute towards victualling and/or other costs? If so, please quote this estimated contribution for victualling and any other costs so that crew will know what is expected of them before applying - (please note the guidelines in the opening paragraphs above). 05/06/07

shared food and housekeeping (soap tp etc.) est $ 50 - 70 per week

Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Santa Barbara
Vessel Name: Baby Steps

Hey, my name is Bear and I am looking to crew! The dates and locations are great for me! Please check out my profile and let me know if you think you would like me to crew for you. thanks! Email = halo_aethusATyahoo.com

Bear

Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi,

I am interested in this trip; looking to log sea miles to get my Coastal Yacht Master Certification (taking theory, courses, etc this fall). Also meeting a friend in Turkey around that time, so will work out well all around.

Please contact me for more info (sailing CV, etc) at firstratemate AT hotmail dot com.

Thank you,

C. Clay
Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Ensign

Hey, I am very interested in crewing. I will be in SE asia from January anyways. My yachting experience is limited to a handful of overnight trips. I'm originally from Guam and grew up around the yacht club, windsurfing and sailing lasers. I've always wanted to crew on a long trip and at the very least I am comfortable on a boat, dependable, handy, and hardworking. Look forward to hearing from you. my email is zackskerritt AT hotmail DOT com
Old 09-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Ensign

this is mitch calling. 43 year old turkish multi-cultured male. maried with children. good sailor; great sense of humor. looking for new sailing expriences and time off from family. for more info: mtopacAThotmail.com
Old 09-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
Ensign

hey am interested.... 20 yo male from sydney... no experience but all enthusiasm and story telling abilities. sh*t tasks a specialty. humor is embeded from family yarns. fit.... limited racing sailing experience offshore in dubai....

1 abled person with smile. That's it.

get back to me... my (australian) number is 0425255184 or my email i.jesus AT.. gmail.com
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Ensign

My name is Rob and I'm a 56 year old Canadian public servant. Last winter, from Christmas to mid-March, I was crewing on a 40' sailing vessel visiting islands in the Andaman Sea and ultimately to the Maldives. Sailing from Thailand to the Maldives was a passage of around 15 days with the skipper and two other crew for company. Much of the journey did not involve special sailing skills but, mostly standing watch - rotating throughout the day so everyone did both night and day watches. I am a rookie sailor, starting in 2003, but, I know the basics like keeping sails trim and knowing when to call the skipper if something weird is up. Since 2003 I have been sailing summers on Lake Erie which is interesting but, not like ocean sailing. I have owned a 29' C&C sailboat for a couple of years but, I haven't been out much this summer for different reasons (mostly related to work).

Anyway, I am interested in having another go at ocean sailing and your trip sounds great. I am able to take 4 months off (maybe longer depending on circumstances).

A few details: I am an ex-smoker, non-drinker. I don't have any health issues nor dietary requirements. I'm not much of a cook but, I can read a cookbook and follow instructions. Most of my meals were pretty good on the Indian Ocean with only one failure to report (it went over the side).

I am a quiet person and like my peaceful moments but, I like good company too.

Please let me know if you think I might fit in. I can provide more information any time

email: cc_earthstar AT yahoo.ca

Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
Ensign

Hello there. I am a 26 year old male veterinary student from the U.S., currently doing a year long research project in south India. I would love to be put on your list for potential crew for your trip next spring. Please shoot me an e-mail at elliottgarber AT yahoo.com. Feel free to check out my blog as well:

http://barefootvet.blogspot.com

Thanks -- look forward to hearing from you!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
Ensign

hey ,my name is guy.I am 22 years old,have a skipper(up to 24 m' yacht license),FIRST AID+GMDSS qualified.

do'nt have a lot of experience,though the passion of the sea,traveling,adventures and learning are very high.

I am sure that I will be a great assistant to you with the help of my passion,high motivation and good learning abilities.

sincerely guy ben harosh.

gbenshATgmail.com
Old 10-22-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
Ensign

Hi,

My name is James and I was interested in joining your crew. I just finished a 2 month cruise up the east coast of Australia and was hoping to continue cruising. My background is mostly yacht/dinghy racing predominately on monohulls, but I have also done a lot of coastal cruising on the East coast of the US. I look forward to hearing from you.

JamesfahlbuschATgmail.com
Old 11-27-2007, 05:04 AM   #11
Ensign

Hi,

I'd love to join your crew from Thailand to Turkey. I've got a full year's tall-ship sailing experience that included a lot of watch-keeping. My most recent voyage was transport of the Hawaiian Chieftain from Massachusetts USA to California, USA, including some blue-water sailing. I'm a 22 year old Californian with a serious love for sailing. I also have a PADI divemaster's certificate, am a non-smoker, and generally easy-going companion. I'm eventually hoping to make my way to the UK, so this leg of the journey would really help me out. Let me know if you'd like further information or a C/V.

Thanks!

Heather

kelleherheatherATgmail.com
Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
Ensign

Hi my name is Simone Pierotti, I am a 27 italian photojournalist and sailor. I sail since I was 14 first on laser 2 regatta and now with my father's 40ft beneteau. I'm really friendly and flexible, no smoker hard worker and (the most important) I know all the secret of the italian cousine. I would really like to do join your crew to improve my sea knowledge and experience.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #13
Ensign

Hello,

My name is James Orlando. I am a 28 year old American from San Francisco. I am a teacher by trade though I have been traveling around eastern Asia for the last 2 1/2 years volunteering. I have done a lot of English tutoring but also some constructing, guiding, and snowboard instructing. I have been interested in pursuing sailing and being a crew member for a very long time, though it hasn't fit comfortably into my plans. I am interested in your trip and thought, since I am new to this, I would tell you some things about myself that would hopefully give you a better picture of me.

SAILING: I have spent a fair amount of time on boats. When I was a bit younger, I sailed on overnight trips with family friends, helping out, wheel watches, etc. These trips were long enough to earn me some decent sea legs. In 2005, I was crew member for an commercial fishing boat in Alaska. It wasn't a sailboat, but it was a lot of 20 hour days, stress situations, and weeks out at sea. I learned a lot about boats and the sailing community during those four months. Admittedly, I am not the swash-buckling pirate with a parrot. I don't have a wooden leg. But I would say, what I don't know, I will happily learn without being asked. I have a fair bit of experience and can quickly learn what I don't know. Which brings me to me

ABOUT ME: While reluctantly treading into the world of self-praise, I am hard-working, humorous, relaxed, and athletic. I played rugby in college and have laid off the cheeseburgers since then. I enjoy teaching and traveling, which lead me to my volunteer teaching gigs in Asia. I am EMT and SCUBA certified. My hobbies are photography, exploring, writing, football, and studying French. If you are still wary, I don't blame you. Finding a crew member seems like a fickle operation. But I can offer letters of recommendations if need be.

MY PLANS: After teaching the last 2 years in Asia, I am beginning to feel that I am ready for something different. Sailing is something that I am incredibly enthusiastic about. I will be in Singapore during the Christmas time. My agenda looks similar to that of a retiree, it is wide open. Wide open. I live life a bit different than my American corporate peers but I am enjoying it, am happy and always ready for what is next.

CONTACT: I realize that I am applying rather late. In fact, I am quite positive the position is filled. If it isn't, I hope that you will give me due consideration and forgive my application faux pas as this is my first attempt at applying for a crew position. Please email me at jamesorlandoATmac.com if you are interested or need any more information. Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah.

Always,

James Orlando

Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	290
Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
Ensign

Positions filled

Thanks everyone for your responses and all he best of the holiday season
Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandodge View Post
Positions filled

Thanks everyone for your responses and all he best of the holiday season
Thank you for the update. Topic closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
thailand, turkey