Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Phuket
Default Thailand to Medditerranean

Hi,
I am looking for crew to join me crossing the Indian Ocean, Red Sea and in to the mediterranean.

You don't need anything specific as the yacht is fully equipped.
Some sailing experience is good but not essential.

I am in Thailand now, near Phuket getting the boat ready. You will need to get to the boat by early to mid December 2016, we will cruise Thailand to prepare then head off for India, the Red Sea then the MED arriving in April 2017.
You must be able and prepared to share cooking, cleaning, watch keeping and general care of the boat and each other.
We share the cost of food plus $160USD Per Week for the boat.
You must be prepared to stay all the way to the MED so please do a little research on the trip, visa requirements, etc, can help you with some information.
You will need passport from a country permitted to enter country on route.
I have sailed from Australia to Thailand with crew some of the way and now doing a few repairs in Thailand.
I have many year experience and qualifications including RYA , yacht master.
I am 48, male and easy to get a long with, my last crew were all around 25yo we spend 4-5 month together, had a great time and say in contact.

The yacht is a 45ft sailing yacht, French build 1986 beneteau, 3 cabins, all safety equipment, 2 showers and 2 toilets even a TV.

If you're interested I am happy to chat anytime.
Thanks

Stephen
Kyanparsons@gmail.com

Old 04-03-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Villesse (go)
Default offer my experience

I am a pensioner with great taste of the sea and so much time available. I spent most of life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. log trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to Panama.Thanks - See more at: Crewbay - Find crew, sailing crew, boat crew, yacht crew

Old 10-26-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Santa Barbara
Vessel Name: Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen68 View Post
... share cost of food plus $160USD Per Week...
This is in violation of the terms of use of this free website and should be removed immediately.
"Anything more than crew paying for their share of onboard food/drinks, visas, etc., is a commercial venture with serious insurance, legal and liability implications. Expecting crew to pay towards any boat expenses (i.e. fuel, marina charges, boat levies, maintainance, etc.) makes that crewmember a PAYING crew/guest - with the relevant consequences."

Having your guests pay $640/month PLUS more for their share of expenses is not a"ship looking for crew" but rather "ship looking for paying passengers to foot the bill".

I did this very same trip, from Thailand to Turkey, I found the vessel here on Cruiserlog.com forums and I paid $20/day which was actually TOO MUCH, since the food and water I was doled out averaged about $8/day.

I will report the post to admin, but in the meantime, I would warn any potential sailors seeking a vessel to steer clear of this unethical offering.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:50 AM   #4
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

I agree with your sentiments but suggest we allow the post to remain as an example to people seeking international passage. The post is old and, presumably, well out of date. I join you in condemning the boat owner who clearly is running, for want of a better term, a charter boat.
Sharing costs not normally expected of the skipper if he was single handing, is fine and fair. Charging 'for the boat' is underhand and says a lot about the person. Give this boat a wide berth.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
med, thailand