Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Phuket
Default crew wanted Borneo / Philippines

We are cruising currently in North Borneo and looking for crew preferably a couple with good nautical skills and pleasant personality. The vessel is a 62' trawler yacht build for long range cruising. Our cruise is open end and will lead us to the Philippines and eventually to Palau, Papua New Guinea and back to Phuket / Thailand. No financial interest.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Manila

Hi my name is Emily and Im in the Philippines and have a dream to be on a sail boat and travel around. We ( I have 2 friends) are not rich but we can be deck hands or also pay shared expenses.Are you still looking for crew or do you know anyone who will be island hopping here or going to Bali or Borneo or even Thailand.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Paris

Hi Ulrich

I am 42, French, female, and will be very much interested by beeing an crew on your board.
I am actually travelling on the Malaysian peninsula.
In the past 20 years, I have been regularly sailing in summer or winter, mostly in Europe (Channel, Northern sea, Atlantic and Mediterranean) for 1 or maximum 3 weeks each time, which was wonderful.
But sailing needs time. And as we all know, weather and mechanics are the only time master.
After 18 years of hard work, I decided myself to take a year off just for sailing and travelling, meet people, discover new countries.

I am a crew member you can count on for night shifts, manoeuvres, cooking, making warm tea when hands are cold, etc.
But haven't sail much during the last 2 years. I have a good level of English, but to be honest, I need to learn all the specific sailing vocabulary in English (I know in French). So probably at the beginning I will be a bit slow in the manoeuvres, but I am quite sure I will need a few days to be more confortable with all the vocabulary and get my crew skills back.

I enjoy :
- to laugh
- watching the stars and the moon
- taking pictures
- talking about how the world is turning (or not) around a nice bottle of wine
- jump in the water just before breakfast
- etc.

On the thread I post at the end of July you can read a reference wrote by Mico whom I sailed with last year.
http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/f47...asia-8442.html

If you have a "findacrew" account, you can also read my profile there (ID 222298).

I will have to be back in Kota Kinabalu at the beginging of November, but meanwhile, I am free as a bird.

Don't hesitate to can contact me :
- malaysian mobile : +60 129 456 289
- email : lovise.hellner@gmail.com

Lovise Hellner

Tags
crew wanted