Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Ensign

Crew needed for trip South from Isla Mujeres, Mexico to English Cay, Belize, down the inner channel to Placencia, and then on to Livingston. No deadlines, can be a slow trip or a slower trip.

Well found LaFitte 44 cutter.

Share onboard food costs. Crew pays own permits, entry & exit fees, and any and all of their other onshore costs.

Boat size & type: Lafitte 44 cutter

Embark port: Isla Mujeres, Mexiso

Estimated departure (or join) date: When crewed

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): 2 weeks to 2 months

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): 1

Crew qualifications required and duties: Stand watch, sail & anchor handling, clean up after yourself

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Crew

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: ($US Per person, per day): Share onboard food costs Less than $10

Note: NO daily/weekly charge and NO contribution towards ANY other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCMarinaE17.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1204

Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Ensign

I sent you a previous email but don't know if I did it right or if you received it so here we go again, I am a 63 yr old retired vet, gleam in my eye youth in my veins and adventure in my heart. Love sailing. newcomer to it but have wanted to all my life. I am ASA 101 certified and doing well at learning navigation. I am usually very upbeat and of good spirits but quiet. good worker, listener, decent cook, can stand watches, make good coffee, and play great cribbage!

I forgot to tell you.............slow is good.............lots of sights to see and adventures and pictures to be taken! I have no time limit to speak of. Also, my wife is in complete support of me joining you.

I am listed in phoenix phone directory should you want to call. Or e-mail me at: avoisine_at_cox_dot_net.

I can leave with just a few days notice. Need to cordinate how and where to meet though.

Al Voisine

Peoria Arizona (Phoenix)

Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi

I am interested in joining part of your trip in Belize.

I am expecting to travel from 12th Feb from Florida Keys to Ambergris Caye via Isla Mujeres on a 60ft cat, so it shouldn't take long! I could then join you at some point for some weeks - no definite plan yet.

Do you have any plan to go to Cuba? I am preparing for next year when I want to sail from Florida to Belize via Cuba with my own boat, so just want to do as much sailing in the area this spring as I can, with people who know the area.

I have RYA Day Skipper certificate in the UK, but little sailing. 61yrs old fit, redundant engineer. Get on well with most people.

Look forward to hearing from you.

You can get me direct on chrisrepps@yahoo.co.uk
Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Ensign

Hey there - I'm an ex-attorney and current Paramedic/Firefighter. I enjoy conversation, cooking, reading, photography and scuba diving. My bucket list is to one day own my own boat and go for an unending cruise. In the meantime I crew when I can, race out of Newport on a Peterson 41 and sail with friends.

I'll be available from March 7 through whenever....just wanted to see where you might be and if you'd be interested in learning more about me as a potential crew member.

I've traveled extensively in Central America and Guatemala and speak some Spanish as well.

luckbealadyatsea@yahoo.com

Benjamin
Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Ensign

Found a crew and sailed to The Rio Dulce. Will be heading out in late September or early October 2010 bound for Roatan or Belize, not yet sure which direction. Looking for crew for all or part of what will be about a six month cruise.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontno1' date='04 March 2010 - 05:21 PM View Post
Found a crew and sailed to The Rio Dulce. Will be heading out in late September or early October 2010 bound for Roatan or Belize, not yet sure which direction. Looking for crew for all or part of what will be about a six month cruise.
Crew slots for 2010-2011 are filled.

Tags
mexico