Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Berlin
Red face CycloTraveler stuck on Indian Subcontinent - In Need for Boat!

Hello everyone!
My name is Florian, I am 20 years old, from Berlin, Germany. I’ve cycled from Berlin to India so far - my planned destination actually being Papua, Indonesia. I reached India 4 months ago. Since then I have been trying to find a way across to SE Asia without flying, which proves seemingly impossible. I have gone through ALL options, all surface borders are closed to German Passport holders, Burma, which is the country that links me with SE Asia from here lets tourists only fly in. I am on an environmental mission to bring international awareness to the spread of deforestation in Indonesia to the Papuan archipelago. I would rather fly home from here already than resort to airplanes on my way to Papua. So I am desperately looking for somebody that I could sail away from here with! In fact, it doesnt even have to be SE Asia anymore… if somebody is bound for the Mediterranean and willing to take me, I wouldn't hesitate to join and head home!
So, currently I am in Mumbai (19. Feb 2012) and I could be in any port in India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh within, lets say, 1 week. Even Andamans or Lakshwapweep Islands I could make in a few days more.
I am a very industrious, highly enduring, independent yet cooperative and sociable, modest, fun-loving, flexible, adaptive and creative, hard worker. I speak various languages. German and English fluently, French and Indonesian as confident second languages. Indonesian especially would prove very helpful to all of us in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the waters around it! Although I don’t have any blue-water sailing experience, I believe that I may be of great help on board. I am a very motivated and quick learner. What ever task I will be given, it will be performed with responsibility, commitment and gratitude.
Seriously, somebody get the treehugger out of here, please! To learn more about me and my current “mission”, go to www.augefilms.blog.com (I am an environmental documentary and roadmovie filmmaker).
I am looking forward to hearing from some of you! Any advice, comments, feedback are greatly appreciated!
Love,
Florian

Old 02-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

"I am on an environmental mission to bring international awareness to the spread of deforestation in Indonesia to the Papuan archipelago. I would rather fly home from here already than resort to airplanes on my way to Papua"

I suggest you continue on to Papua even if you must fly. Your mission isn't to NOT FLY. Therefore, suggest you get over it and move on with your mission as best you can.

Fair winds.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Berlin

Hey there,
In fact, staying on ground has always been my mantra of traveling.... it's always part of the "Mission". Flying on to Papua from here would question my purpose of going ther. It just wouldnt feel right and thus I would really rather quit completely... or wait for the Himalayas to defrost and head home through Central Asia.
Any boats out there?!

Tags
india, position wanted, se asia, sri lanka