Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crewfinder Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Zig Zag

Male, 51 yrs, married, would like to crew onboard a yacht for coastal or blue water passage.

I'm planning my own liveaboard experience in approx 2 years time and are keen to upgrade my skills and experience before doing so.

I am a non drinker, non smoker fit healthy bloke easy going nature and get along with most people

Skills

Have done a NZ boatmaster and NZ yachtmaster in the 80's

Recently completed MROVCP VHF radio course

First aid cert

Have advanced open water scuba and all equipment

Currently booked to do Competant crew in the next 3 weeks

Experience

Sailed 5 years winter and summer series in RPNYC (NZ) cruising div

owned and sailed 25 footer weekends 3 years in Hauraki gulf

currently sail trailer sailer in Moreton bay

Various other from 1970 including liveaboard up to 3 weeks Marlborough Sounds Coromandel Hauraki gulf

I'm a good worker, dont shirk, happy to pay for my food and coffee. Keen to get some boat time and willing to consider all reasonable offers in the south pacific. Hope to hear from you if you think you can help. Thanks, Rob

Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
Ensign

Boat size & type: S+S 34

Embark port: Brisbane

Estimated departure (or join) date: May 1st

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): Luganville (Vanuatu)

Number of other crew aboard: . Skipper only

Crew qualifications required and duties: Common sense and ability to stand a watch

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: crew

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: (Per person, per day) = $A 10-15?

Note: No contribution towards any other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

More details: Competant mature aged solo sailor joining the Profke rally to Santo and the Banks Group. Have not sailed blue-water before, and I'm a bit concerned about the lack of sleep if solo. Tassie boat, well set up. Sailed Tas. to FNQ/return twice, often solo, and round Tas often. Heading North from Tas on the next weather pattern. Have a crew to Sydney. Hope to arrive Brisbane in time to visit children. Not returning with rally. Crew would need airline ticket home before embarking.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Mick, I just got home from a very soggy trip out into the tasman and back for 5 days, Keen to discuss your planned passage, my phone is 0417164608 When do you arrive in Brisbane? Regards Rob

Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Ensign

Boat size & type: .. Rival 34' GRP sloop with a great passage making pedigree

Embark port: .. Port Stevens NSW

Estimated departure (or join) date: ..10 May 09

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): .. Pt Stevens to Newcastle or Coffs Harbour then direct to Noumea

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): ..Only skipper

Crew qualifications required and duties: .. Good eyesight, reasonably fit, able to stand watches and willing to call the skipper if in doubt. If able to cook the skippers diet will improve.

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: .. Crew

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: We split the bill at supermarket checkout

Note: No contribution towards any other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

More info
: ..

A first leg of a seasons cruising that might extend if skipper and crew are exceptionally compatible.

The skipper is a retired merchant seafarer and full time liveaboard so most things are already here. I am also a smoker, (lee topside only)

The vessel is fairly traditional with a bit less internal space than boats designed for the charter market, but carries sufficient stores and water for extended voyages.

The voyage would, I assume, well suit someone wanting to log miles and night hours. If you want to do celestial navigation, BYO sextant. Mine is out of bounds.

Alcoholic beverages will be supplied and paid by the person consuming them and at sea very limited.

Looking forward to your reply.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Ensign

Thanks for getting in touch, unfortunately I've committed with another skipper (frrom another website) until the end of May, regards and all the best with the trip, Rob
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thanks for posting the update - good luck.

Topic now closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
australia, new zealand, pacific