Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 12-22-2016, 02:55 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Lisbon
Arrow Thailand to India / Contribute to my world tour

Hello there,

I'm on a world trip without plane from Portugal, currently in Laos. I'm looking forward to visit India, but land route is closed.
I'm therefore looking for a boat to embark from Thailand or Malaisia to India in the coming two months (January/February 2017). Besides the crossing, I would also be excited to discover the life on board of a small boat, as I've very much enjoyed my Atlantic and Pacific crossings, on a cargo and a cruise ship respectively. The long quiet moments watching the sea, alone or with the crew or fellow passengers were an excellent way to start my travel.

I have no experience of sailing, besides a couple of rides on the Tagus estuary on the "laser" of a friend, but am quick to learn and have a strong practical sense (or wouldn't have achieved my engineering degree last year), if any help is required. Apart from that, I can be friendly and talkative, with quite a lot to tell already at this stage of the travel, if you would like to listen. I can also be a very good listener, or just a discrete passenger (I've lived in many shared flats and dorms, that helps for cohabitation) according to the mood of the day. Of course I'm willing to contribute to travel expenses.

You can find a bit about my travel on my blog: tvmmg.eu/voirencouleurs. Or about me (and some references) on couchsurfing if you use it: https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/thoguib. In short: 24, male, easy-going, curious about everything (thus knowledgeable about some things - namely sustainability-related global issues, my major), contemplative, I like to read, love board games, including chess and go, sometimes play music (clarinet).

Let me know if you want to meet around South-East Asia, I'm flexible on travel planning right now...
Thank you in advance for your answers,

Thomas

Tags
india, thailand