Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: London
Smile Anybody looking for crew? From Europe to Caribbean

Hello out there, sailors!

I am 25 years old looking for a boat/yacht to crew on around late August - September from UK, Holland, France or Spain to Caribbean (preferably to US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico). I have no experience in this kind of sailing whatsoever but I have always loved being on the sea and I am keen to learn as much as possible about it and would be more than happy to help as much as I can on board!! I even dreamed of living on a boat when I was little!! It would be a dream come true for me.
The other reason I ended up here is that I am planning to travel around the world from the period mentioned above and would like to make it as cheap as possible. And what a perfect combination of living out the two biggest passions at once. This would be a whole different way of traveling.
I came across this opportunity just a couple of days ago, as I did not have any idea that these kinds of arrangements were possible. This must be a sign
I am a fun and very easy going person and have a relaxed attitude but I also have know when to be serious and have a situation awareness.
I hope hearing from someone in here who would like to share and pass on some of your sailing knowledge
The dates of the departure can be discussed and I will contribute to food and expenses.

Have a good one everybody and take care!

Valerie

Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Ensign

Default Ref: Europe to Caribbean

Hi

I plan to sail from the east coast of england Walton on the Naze, near Harwich end of August down to the Canaries then via the Cape Verdes and across to Barbados.

I have completed the Atlantic circuit in 2010 in my sailing boat Barada. Barada is a Camper & Nicholson 32' yacht with a fantastic pedigree.

If you're interested please let me know. My email address is paulscousedownie@gmail.com

I could send you some photos of Barada. I sailed back across the Atlantic more or less on my own in 2010 from the BVIs. But I'm heading further south this time Barbados, Grenadines,Grenada and across the to the ABC islands onto Cartagena, Belize and back across next summer to the UK via Bermuda and Azores .

Tags
caribbean, europe