Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Sherbrooke
Default Spain (Gibraltar) to America

Hi, my name is Laurence, I'm 21 and would love to join a crew in february to cross the atlantic back to America (I am a Canadian). I will be in Nigeria from october 5th or so and plan on heading to Spain to find a sailboat to crew in. I would really love to find it before leaving Nigeria though.

I am an experienced sailor, I have been sailing for 10 years on Lake Champlain in Vermont on a Beneteau 35.5 ft with my family.

I am more than available to chat/skype/e-mail if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
Rear Admiral

Hi Larry!
Your best chance would be to get yourself up to Gibraltar around the end of October and scout the docks for a boat heading for the Canaries. There are typically 225 yachts participating in the Atlantic Rally for Cruisers (google it for dates) and that many again heading for the Caribbean. February is leaving it a little late, but one never knows which way the wind blows so you might get lucky... but you'll definitely have more options in November. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Sherbrooke

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response! I really can't leave in November though.. Do you know if there might be some other place in Europe or Africa where I would get more chance of finding a sailing boat crew near January or february to cross back home? I just thought Gibraltar was a good pick because of the size of the port an all...

Thanks for your time !!

Tags
america, crew, crossing, gibraltar, spain, transatlantic