Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
here to sail

Home Port: Karlshamn
Vessel Name: Furaha
Post USA - Europe (May n' June)

G'day all!

We're looking for one or two persons to join us for a transatlantic. Leaving from USA E. coast sometime shortly after 1st May for the Azores. We will continue to mainland Europe after a short stop.

---------------------------- V I S A S n' R E G S. ---------------------
USA requires yacht crew to have B1/B2 U.S. visa (to get one it's about USD148) and a visit to the U.S. embassy... the process requires about 1 month.

Another option is to join the boat in Bermuda - simple and easy there.

If you are a U.S. citizen then just be aware that you need a visa if you plan to stay in the european union for longer than 3 months.

----------------------------- U S n' the B O A T ----------------------
("The Boat" is one 39-foot trimaran of 1976, designed by Kelsal and built in the U.K for the 1976 OSTAR race. Allbeit a fast boat of her time, we only reckon on 150nm daily runs.)

("we"/"us" is a swedish/austrian couple in our mid-20s. We've got 15 transats. & about 90.000nm between us and are yachtmaster certified)

---------------------------- T H E S A I L I N G -------------------
A minimum of 6 weeks you will have to set aside for this trip. Because give or take 3000nm of ocean have to be covered!

Shared expenses deal onboard - but don't worry; there's plenty of fish in the N Atlantic for us to catch. Boat maintenance etc. is covered by us.

The boat has no autopilot so if we are 3 onboard we cycle steering 1.5h on and then 3h off the whole way.... so if you're O.K with that then:
vegan, vegetarian no probs. smokers no probs. lousy sailors no probs.
Interested? Questions? Get in touch and well sort it out from there.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010161.jpg  

Old 03-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
here to sail

"shared expenses": 500-700 USD to be shared between 3-4 people for food.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Clarendon Hills

Hello,

My name is Marlon. I would love to join you on your journey. I'm looking for experience. Normally I am free lance photographer and I write sometimes as well . I am a hard worker and a fast learner. I am capable and eager to join you.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Colebrook

Hi

My name is Aaron and after reading your forum I would love to join both of you on your vessel across the Atlantic. I’m currently on the east coast of the USA and can afford to take several months off from work. I have experience working as a senior deckhand onboard a Hi-Speed Ferry with additional boating experiences. My sailing experiences are limited but I’m more than willing to learn and participate in every aspect of the journey. Would like to hear from and learn more about this.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Seattle, Washington
Default TransAtlantic

Hi Kai,

I am interested in your voyage, and would be available the 1st of June. Would this be too late?

I am looking to make passage to Europe, stay there for 3 months, than continue onto a new area.

If you think this would fit your needs, or would like more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!
Bryan
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Pittsburgh
Default Interested.

Hi

Im a 21 y/o undergraduate college student, with moderate sailing experience. I started sailing at age five on a 20 foot hunter, therefore I am familiar with sailing technique and appropriate safety measures. I have done some open water trips from Annapolis to Baltimore. I am looking to explore broader horizons and in search of more serene sunsets. I am an interesting individual who excels in stressful situations and retains composure irregardless of the scenario. I am a quick learner and would be an invaluable asset to any excursion.

Feel Free to contact if I appeal to your criteria of an able-bodied help.

Regards

ty
Old 04-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Ensign

Home Port: Austin

Hi Kai,

My name's Max. This summer I'm planning on going to France for three months to visit family and friends, and then to explore the country by bike & train - and if I could find a way to get there by boat that would be a dream come true! Unfortunately my romantic notions of swabbing the decks on a cargo ship for a cheap ride were quickly squashed after some scant research, but they're back better/faster/ and stronger than ever after finding out about transatlantic yachting!

ME: I'm a 21 year old dude, 50% French (I can read and speak the language almost fluently, but my spelling is horrendous), I'm studying Geology in University (but I don't know what I want to do with it quite yet) and I love anything related to water.

I don't have much sailing experience but I'm looking to learn! What I do have is lots of time on fresh water, a week out at sea, and small two person sail boat experience. I'm also a certified lifeguard and diver. Oh and I LOVE to cook (french side I guess) so I'd be happy to help out in the kitchen at all times (I don't even mind doing dishes! - truly I think I'd be so happy out on the water that nothing could bother me).

Paperwork - I have a French passport so no worries there (feel free to drop me off anywhere in the EU). I don't have a B1/B2 U.S. visa but I could get one, or if you want to leave earlier I could join y'all (I am a Texan after all) in Bermuda no problem.

I hope I'm not too late! PM me and then we can talk over the phone or by email.

Thanks!
Max
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
Ensign

Home Port: Austin

Sorry for the double post, I wanted to add a couple more things and it wont let me edit my previous post anymore -

I'm based in Texas, but I can meet up anywhere in the US or in Bermuda.

And I made a list of some of my hobbies and interests so you can get an idea of who I am / what I like: cooking, basketball, any water sport (especially kayaking & scuba diving!), history, biking, hiking, meeting people, nightlife, art, exploring, eating, socializing, camping, language, volunteering, gardening, driving, music (I'm a drummer, I'm obsessed with 90's hip-hop (Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight) but I enjoy most types of music), working odd jobs, comedy, culture, geology (studying this in school), entrepreneurship, science, nutrition, rock climbing, traveling... lots of stuff.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Ensign

Home Port: Antwerpen

Hi,
My name is Louis, I am 22 and I currently study in the US.
I would love to come with you. I have very little sailing experience, but I learn fast.
I am good company, easy going, and love travelling (for example, hiked across France alone for 4 weeks). This would be my first real sea experience so I would be super exited to join. I am good at manuel tasks, adapt pretty easily to all kind of situations.
I can leave anytime after the May 11th.
it'd be great to hear back from you.
All the best
Louis
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
Ensign

Home Port: Vancouver

Hello,
My name is LJ ( don't ask me, it's my parents fault, been at sea too long ) I grew up on cruising boats and was forced to go everywhere with my parents!!! I wasn't too happy about it. Now after working for a few years I realize that perhaps I should make a career back on the ocean. This would help with my sea time. I have 3 passports, UK,Australia and Canada. If you are interested please let me know. I might get a bit off colour to start but always do my work. Thanks LJ
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Ensign

Home Port: eindhoven.HOL

Hello my name is Benno and currently travelling in Central America. With my bicycle I slowly roll around meeting local people, animals, culture, beautifull trees and estoy aprendiendo la idioma local :-)
To spend the summer in Holland again I would like to travel back to Europe by boat.
I allways enjoyed sailing and traveling by boat but I´m not very experienced in longdistance seatravels. But very confident I will like the experience.
So, my travel plans are very flexible. Right now I´m in Nicaragua, but planning to keep moving. Most of the time by bicycle but I don´t mind taking a bus to make some distance.
I would love to go overseas to scandinavia and cycle down from there on to Holland. But I would consider anywhere in Europe.

In normal life I live and work in Eindhoven , the Netherlands as a freelance creative carpenter,welder, furnituremaker, designer, exhibitionbuilder. I share my house with my girlfriend and two cats. Hopefully a dog soon.

I´m not smoking, like doing sports and eating cheese. Allthough I´m allready enjoying rice and beans for quite a while....

I would definately prefer to travel by sea than by air. Because for me it is not just something to travel these kind of distances and it seems kind of logical to take some time to do so. Some say the spirit can not travel faster than a horse...
Furthermore it seems to me a more active, more involved way of traveling. And probably cheaper too...
While cycling around here the journey is my destination, so that should also go for the journey home.
Hope to hear from you,
Benno Hartjes
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
Ensign

Home Port: Louisville&Halmstad

Hey. I'm sure you've found your crew by now, as this is a bit late.
But we are Rae and Iza, we are a female couple looking to help you out. We have all the requirements legally for entry into Europe, and are available to join you if you are still searching. We are located on the east coast of Canada at the moment. Let me know if you are interested.
Godspeed.
-Rae
-I'm making one now.
Rae&Iza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
here to sail

--- All new folks looking to crew ----

The boat is full! We sail at the beginning of June!

Many thanks to you all for your interest
and thanks also to Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums - Powered by vBulletin for their services.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Ensign

Home Port: Stockholm

Awwww!
This sounds wonderful!
If you need another person please email at ekblad_sara@hotmail.com and lets sail into the soul of the sky together!
Sara

Tags
azores, bermuda, europe, ocean, transatlantic, trimaran, usa