Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
Ensign

Boat size & type: Lagoon 410 – a 40 foot four cabin catamaran

Embark port: New Orleans, LA

Estimated departure (or join) date: Week of April 1st (I am flexible)

Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): A cruise along the gulf, around Florida, and up the East Coast. This will be an enjoyable cruise. I am looking forward to the beaches in the panhandle, the Everglades (maybe camping for a few days in the back country), and the Keys. After that it is up the coast seeing what there is to see. You can stay for as long as you like (short or long) and we get along.

Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): Right now there is just me with three empty cabins.

Crew qualifications required and duties: I have extra cabins and could use the company, so the primary duty is to have fun. You assistance in keeping the boat clean, maintained, and running will be appreciated.

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Crew

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: ($US Per person, per day): Whatever your equal share of the food comes to ($10-$15 per day?). You will pay for your own alcohol.

Note: NO daily/weekly charge and NO contribution towards ANY other costs (fuel, propane, fees, marinas, etc.) is required from crew.

More info: I am a 37 year old single male who purchased this boat last May. I spent a couple of weeks in the BVI and then sailed it to Houston, TX, where I worked on several things. Since then I took the ICW to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and have been here for two months. I am looking forward to seeing the Mississippi Sound, the Everglades, the Keys, and the East Coast. It would be nice to see these places with someone.

Please contact me at 303-271-3872 or shane@svguidinglight.com.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Tampa
Vessel Name: La Madeline

Hi Shane,

I'm curious if you've started your trip yet, and if you still need crew. I have some sailing experience, but all daysailing in the bays/rivers around DC/Maryland. I haven't done any open water cruising, but am hoping to find some opportunities via these forums. I'm 48, good sense of humor and adventure, love to drink a beer, athletic, am flexible regarding dates, mechanically inclined, and can help with cooking, but am certainly not a cook. Would love to join you for any or all of your trip if you still have room. Let me know if you'd like to discuss any further...if so, I can give you a direct email address and cell number.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Ensign

I have found crew.

This string can be closed.

Thank you to all.

Shane

Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Thanks for posting the update. This thread now closed.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
east coast