Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Cruiserlog's Yacht Club > The Tavern | Welcome Aboard
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Victoria
Smile Hi everyone!

Hi everyone,

I just joined the Cruiser Log site and look forward to reading some of what has been discussed so far. My husband and I sailed our Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 sailboat Terrwyn across the Pacific in 2011. We took 6 months to sail from Victoria, B.C. Canada to Auckland New Zealand. The first leg of this journey from Victoria nonstop to island of Hiva Oa in the Marquesas Islands took us 40 days. This was my first time offshore and it was an incredible experience!

I am a 62 year old retired teacher librarian and my husband is just turning 60 this year. Although I have sailed all of my adult life I was always just a crew member. This was my first experience as a Co-Captain. What a learning curve i.e. straight up! Bill, my husband and Co-Cap, has had more sailing experience and offshore experience than I and is a great teacher. I now have the confidence to say that I am truly an offshore sailor!

We are in the midst of a circumnavigation that we are hoping will take us another 4 years. We take it in various legs and then go back to Canada to fill up the sailing kitty in between legs. Terrwyn is currently in New Zealand waiting for our return. We go back on February 9, 2013 to prepare for our next leg which will start mid-April 2013 for our next destination - Cape Town South Africa.

If you are interested we have a blog at The Voyage of Catherine and William which covers the first leg of our circumnavigation. We will continue it for this upcoming leg.

If you would like to follow our next voyage just add yourself to our followers on our blog.

Fair winds and smooth sailing
Catherine AKA Cathy and William AKA Bill

Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Nice blog. If you're leaving NZ and heading west then I cannot recommend highly enough to you that you consider a short stay at Lord Howe Island. I've been there several times and plan to make it my first stop in voyaging into the Pacific.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Victoria

Glad you like our blog and thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to do some research about Lord Howe Island...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Moderator/Wiki Sysop

Home Port: Samos
Vessel Name: S/Y Thetis

Welcome to Cruiser Log. Please take a look to our Cruiser's Guide wiki, even better contribute your knowledge.

The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online world Cruising Guide

Built by cruisers, for cruisers.

=Mediterranean,Black Sea,North Atlantic,Caribbean
I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Mediterranean, Black Sea, Atlantic
Istioploos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
Ensign

Home Port: Hong Kong

The fabulous youtube videos of your voyages have inspired us greatly. We also have a Pacific Seacraft 37. We aren't very good with cameras or with making videos, but we recently got a gopro camera and hope to add some videos of the boat under sail to our website. For now we have lots of information about our boat. Here's the link:

https://pacificseacraft37.com/overview/

Tags
circumnavigate, crealock 37, pacific seacraft, psc, south pacific