Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > The Med, Atlantic & Caribbean > Regional Discussions
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Ensign

I have not found posts dealing with the Western Mediterranean, Spain, Balearic Islands, Corcega, Algeria, Marrocco... I am a fit fifty-six years old woman, living in the interior of Spain and trying to get in touch with the sailing community in the Meditarranean. I have sailed in the Pacific Gulf Islands and in the Andaman Sea. I want to buy my own boat but I would like to advance my sailing knowledge and skills before I do. If anyone in the area needs some help on a short or long cruise, please let me know.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome MORAIA,

We do have members with extensive experience of cruising in the Western Med. One of our members , also a moderator Istioploos has built an enormous data base in our Cruising Wiki - a unique source of information regarding cruising the Mediterranean.

Tell us some more about your sailing experience, and what sort of boat do you have in mind for the future.

Richard

Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA' date='13 July 2010 - 12:52 PM View Post

Welcome MORAIA,

We do have members with extensive experience of cruising in the Western Med. One of our members , also a moderator Istioploos has built an enormous data base in our Cruising Wiki - a unique source of information regarding cruising the Mediterranean.

Tell us some more about your sailing experience, and what sort of boat do you have in mind for the future.

Richard
Hi Richard,

thank you for welcoming me on the forum.

I lived for five months on a moored fishing boat in Victoria, BC, and really enjoyed the boat people community. I started sailing joining friends on Saturdays regattas and on a couple of day trips to nearby islands. I took the first sailing training course, which I forgot what it was called, at the Oak Bay Marina. Then I went with family to Langkawi Island on the Andaman Sea on 2006 and sailed north to Phuket, in Thailand. It took us about a week. We had a half-broken motor so all we could do was sailing. I have friends who live or have lived on sailing boats, but donĀ“t know much about types, except for the material they are built with and the size. I am thinking of a 32 ft fiberglass or wooden sailboat with ocean sailing capabilities. I really would like to connect with people sailing to or from Spain for any length of time to get more experience. I hope this forum helps me to connect with "boat people". By the way, I speak fluent Spanish and French.

Cheers,

Moraia

Tags
med, mediterranean