Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 05-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
here to sail

Home Port: Karlshamn
Vessel Name: Furaha
Default USA to Europe in May

-------------------------- TRANSAT --------------------------------
G'day all!

We're looking for one person to join us for a transatlantic. Leaving from USA E. coast (Jacksonville, Florida) sometime shortly after 9th May and sailing for Azores, then England and onwards to Sweden.

If you can fly in to Jacksonville airport afternoon of the 8th I can pick you up.

---------------------------- V I S A S n' R E G S. ---------------------
USA requires yacht crew arriving by boat to have B1/B2 U.S. visa (to get one it's about USD148) and a visit to the U.S. embassy... the process requires about 1 month.

For entering the country with a flight most nationals can use ESTA and the Visa Waiver Programme, and remain in the US for 3 months, but a prerequisite for qualifying for the VWP is to have a ticket out of the country. If then leaving by yacht that ticket can be cancelled.

If you are a U.S. citizen then just be aware that you need a visa if you plan to stay in the european union for longer than 3 months.

----------------------------- U S n' the B O A T ----------------------
("The Boat" is one 39-foot trimaran of 1976, designed by Kelsal and built in the U.K for the 1976 OSTAR race. Allbeit a fast boat of her time, we only reckon on 150nm daily runs... safe and steady out there on the open Atlantic)

("we"/"us" is the owner in his mid-20s. He's got 8 transats. & about 70.000nm sailed and is yachtmaster certified, then there's two more young people already joined. So we need one more person!

---------------------------- T H E S A I L I N G -------------------
A minimum of 6 weeks you will have to set aside for this trip. Because more than 3700nm of ocean have to be covered!

Shared expenses deal onboard - but don't worry; there's plenty of fish in the N Atlantic for us to catch.

The boat has no autopilot so if we are 3 onboard we cycle steering 1.5h on and then 3h off the whole way.... so if you're O.K with that then:
vegan, vegetarian no probs. smokers no probs. lousy sailors no probs.
Interested? Questions? Get in touch and well sort it out from there.
Attached Thumbnails
furaha.JPG  

Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Good luck. Sounds like a fun trip.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
here to sail

Home Port: Karlshamn
Vessel Name: Furaha
Default Thanks

Still looking for someone keen on an adventure to help sail the boat to Europe!

But other than that ready to go.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: destin
Default usa to europe

I am interested in going with you.i have some experiece.i am of sound mind and easy to get along with.please call me at 850 691 9363..i can go any time.thank you

Tags
europe, usa