Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Exp. Couple Seeking S. Africa => Carib. or Europe

My boyfriend (34, German) and myself (26, American) are experienced sailors looking for passage from South Africa to Europe or the Caribbean.

We have several years of experience sailing and living on boats, both as paid professional crew on "tall ships" (large, traditionally-rigged vessels) and as volunteer crew on smaller sailing yachts. We are accustomed to spending long periods of time at sea, since we recently crossed the Pacific and the Indian Oceans. Additionally, we have experience with maintenance on both wooden and fiberglass vessels. We are good cooks and tidy shipmates.

We are hard-working, safety-oriented crew who respect both boat and captain. We are always eager to learn from more experienced sailors. We are also fun, good-natured world travelers, eager to meet new people and enjoy a great trip in pleasant company. We don't smoke and do not get seasick. I will bring my ukulele, and my boyfriend will bring his incredible collection of good and not-so-good jokes.

We are willing to share costs and pay for transportation to departure port.

We are currently leaving Mauritius, and will arrive in Richards Bay in about around Oct. 27. We will be available to crew as early as the beginning of December. For us, the earlier, the better, though we know most cruisers won't leave South Africa until late December/early January.

If interested, please email independebubble at hotmail dot com. For more information about us, visit our blog: crossingtheline2011.blogspot.com. We are happy to provide references upon request.
whedlesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
africa, caribbean, crew, europe, experienced crew, south africa