Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 09-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Ensign

Hi!

As I said in my introductory post, I am quite new to sailing and I don't even know if this is the proper place to put this request. In short, I am looking for someone with a boat who would like to sail through the Indonesian islands (Java, Borneo, etc.) all the way to the Moluku, perhaps in November-December 2010, and then maybe to Bali.

I am a 39-year-old writer, from Barcelona, Spain, qualified as Yachtmaster Coastal, but with limited sailing experience (although I am trying to learn as fast as I can). I am easy-going, tolerant, well-balanced and reliable. My interests are wide: natural history, astronomy, literature, history, philosophy and music, just to name a few. I am always ready for an interesting conversation
and a laugh. I speak English, French, Catalan and Spanish fluently, plus some German and Italian. I honestly think that I would make a good companion for a long onboard trip to faraway places.

What I am looking for, as I said, is a traveling companion (with a boat and more experience than me !!) to sail through Indonesia, following the route of ancient European explorers all the way to the Islands of the Species. Ideally, it would be someone with similar interests and passions, open spirit and wide curiosity for discovery and exploration. My idea would be to join him or her, on a sharing-costs basis, departing somewhere from Malaysia or Indonesia (Singapore, perhaps?) around early-November (although I am quite flexible with dates). If I can't arrange something like this, I'll end up doing the trip (or something as close as possible) with local ferries, but of course it won't be the same!!

Well, I don't know if anyone here has the interest, the availability, the will, the boat and the experience to organise such a trip with me (or to let me participate, if he/she has already organised it)!! Maybe I'm day-dreaming! In any case it's worth the try.
And any suggestions will be most welcome!

P.S. Also, if anyone is planning to cruise all the way to the Moluku from the Malay peninsula around November-December, please let me know. I could also join you as a deckhand, if a more structured trip doesn't come up!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
Admiral

Where is the Moluku - do you have chart coordinates for it?? I see the spelling is given as both Maluku and Moluku ??

Of course we also have the Malukka Strait at the southern end of the Andaman Sea.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMNETSEA View Post

Where is the Moluku - do you have chart coordinates for it?? I see the spelling is given as both Maluku and Moluku ??

Of course we also have the Malukka Strait at the southern end of the Andaman Sea.
I meant the Maluku islands in Indonesia (also known as Moluccas, Moluccan or Spice Islands):

2° 0′ 0″ S, 128° 0′ 0″ E
Old 09-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
Admiral

I think you should check the Darwin sailing clubs. You've missed Sail Indonesia which left from Darwin in July of this year (it's an annual event). You can check the internet for the web sites for the Dinah Beach Yacht Club, and the Darwin Sailing Club. You might want to write them to find out if any others will be heading for Indonesia. Or perhaps one of their boats will not be returning to Australia in September/October when the rally is over.

Good luck. Indonesia is beautiful.

SY WATERMELON |
MV WATERMELON (New) | Cruiser's Dictionary, free ebook

= Cruiser's Dictionary, North America,
JeanneP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indonesia