Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: London/Sydney
Thumbs up Couple SE Asia to Australia

South east asia to australia june/july 2013

I am a 26 yr old chef with lots of experience in event catering currently working at arguably the best corporate catering company in London and living with my girlfriend who is 25 yrs old and an early years teacher.(we are both australian)

We are undertaking a journey this year from London to Sydney by any means, apart from flights, and as such we need a way to get from Asia to Australia.

We are happy to adjust our journey to different ports of departure and work our guts out just for a spot on board. Ideally we would love to arrive in Australia at cairns however we are not closed to other options of arrival port.

Would love to hear from anyone who might be able to help us complete our epic journey.

Regards Chris Molloy

Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

Some advice -- get in touch with the folks who run the Sail Indonesia rally. There are usually boats returning from that who need crew.

Sail Indonesia

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Ensign

Default a bit late for me

Thankyou very much for the advice all Is welcome!
However as the rally starts in darvin closer to the end of my time bracket for leaving south east asia, that said, if I cant find anything earlier I may change my plans.

Thanks again for the advice :-)

Chris
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Cap'n 2

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Tientos
Hi Chris

We (Oz yacht) leaving Port Dickson (Malaysia) heading for Darwin via Indonesia and Timor-Leste end March/early April if that suits.

cheers

Keith and Lea

SY Tientos
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #5
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hi Keith, Lea. Haven't heard from you for yonks. Hope you are well and still lapping up the lifestyle. I'll buy you a beer at DBCYA after my forthcoming adventure across the Pacific. Welcome to the forum and I hope you will take the chance to offer advice where you can.
Best wishes,
Dave.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Ensign

Default A Little too early

Hi Keith and Lea,

Thankyou very much for the offer first and foremost.
However we are only just leaving london on the 15th of april to begin our journey. Unfortunately you will be sailing a few months too early for us to meet you in Malaysia, we have all our travel booked and arranged to arrive in beijing on the 27th of may so from that point we can modify our plans but unfortunately its isn't possible before then.

Thankyou once again, safe sailing :-)

Regards Chris

Tags
asia, australia