Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 07-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Commander

Home Port: St. Augustine FL
Vessel Name: Linnupesa
Default Crew needed: Florida to Maine, ASAP

Hello Look-n-peepers all

Linnupesa is looking for crew to join up for a trip from St. Augustine in Florida to Maine as the destination. We'd leave on around July 12th when another male crew member should be arriving. Though we both should be quite capable to sail the boat there by usn's alone it would be nice to perhaps have a galley queen or an additional crew member to provide gastronomical delights along the way.

Alternative plans will have us head into Chesapeake bay, or further up along the coast. Ideally we'd go along with the Gulf Stream as far N as is reasonable and then sail or motor back to the coast.

For some more info, you can look up ID# 146766 on findacrew.com or use your phone and dial 408 621-3558 to get ahold of me. During the trip we should be in regular contact with the mainland via ham radio to report on your latest antics.

Hopefully we'll make Cape Cod sometime after the 20th and then will do some more leisurely and extended cruising, drawing and painting or twanging on the guitar in between morsels of sea food.

SV Linnupesa is a 45' cutter with 85hp diesel, two heads and private cabins plus fridge/freezer. 4-burner propane stove/oven and many other appurtenances to make life pleasant and memorable.

It is a short notice, I know, but it cannot hurt asking, right?

Have a great 4th!

Ivo s/v Linnupesa

Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #2

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee
Default costs, pets, kids, anthing else?

Hey there, we know you have posted many helpful things here on CL so we hope you find crew via this ad. Can you confirm expected costs to crew (assume food only?) and if there are pets and kids aboard. Also--anything else on our guideline that should be answered here, please.

Thanks,

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Commander

Mea culpa Brenda, thank you. Here are some more details which I forgot to add:

The skipper/owner is myself (65) and though ultimately responsible I tend to skipper by consensus if at all possible. The other member is an early 50-ish guy in a technology kind of career, kind of similar to my own. No cats, dogs, kids, bugs or rodents aboard.

The boat is German-flagged, not that it matters much beyond the 3-mile limit. Crew will be expected to contribute to food and to cover their own particular special food fetish/needs/requirements. If you are partial to magic mushrooms or medicinal MJ etc, sorry, but that will be a no-go. There will be some wine and beer aboard, though mainly for at-anchor meals. Certainly not for on-watch members.

You'd need to be physically fit and responsible to take care of your own get-to and get-from arrangements. Above all, you are coming at your own risk and will need to sign a waiver to that effect.

Watches we'll do on a flex-sked if possible and you should be "on" at most for 2-3hrs at a stretch, giving you at least a 6-hour R&R period.

OK, capiche paisano?

Ivo s/v Linnupesa and maritime mobile station ham-ster KI6S
Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Montreal

Hey,
Do you plan to do some sailing soon?
I'm looking for a ship to sail on for the next few week!
I'm not new at sailing but not expert (around 1500 NM)
I'm actualy in Montreal (Qc) but willing to travel!

Let me know if you need anyone soon!

PS: i'm the one who contact you on findacrew.net
Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Commander

Hey

look under "Crew for ME to FL" for info on this trip back south.

It'll help to give some more details about yourself too, as without those and a pic or two there can be no sail.

Good for offering to get yourself to the boat but please note in reading the other thread that this is not quite an "all expenses paid" 1st prize travel gig.

Ivo s/v Linnupesa
Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Montreal

Hey,
Here is some detail about myself

I'm an 23 year's old engineering student in Montreal, I'm also tem-leader of a student group how build human power submarine.
I learn to sail with my grand parent, but don't have enough opportunity to sail anymore. I mainly sailed in Europe (coast of England, France, Spain, Portugal, Corsica, etc.) but I've traveled to most country in Europe and few in the Caribbean.

I do understand that this kind of trip is not "all expenses paid" and that I'll have to pay for my food, own expense and my trip to and from the boat.

Here is some picture of me.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Lieutenant

Home Port: Cheyenne, WY
Vessel Name: CAREFREE
Send a message via Skype™ to gts1544

Ivo, I am a new member of this forum and just came across your post. I certainly hope that you are enjoying your voyage. It sounds like something that my wife and I would thoroughly enjoy participating in in the future. I am 68 and she is 64 and a whiz in the galley. We have been sailing for years in the Caribbean (no tides / no currents / no fog) so we certainly recognize our limitations and would like to expand the envelope. We sail a "Group" Beneteau 41' down in the BVI's and have our own Cape Horn Cutter 43' which we plan to sail down to Puerto Rico through the Bahamas next spring, taking several months for the trip. Should you be looking for crew in the future, we would appreciate your consideration. We are both retired and can be ready to go on relatively short notice. Thanks, gts1544 / George
Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Commander

George

welcome to the forum and thank you for responding to this thread.
It is a bit out-dated by now, as Linnupesa is actually in Bangor ME
currently, fixing for some cruising there and the return trip soon.

When you enter the site homepage, in the blue area at the top find
a "crew" heading. Choose between wanted or offered and you'll see
my more recent follow-up post "Maine to Florida" ( under Linnupesa )

This site navigating info may not be quite correct and may depend
on how you enter the site but you should find it. Unfortunately I am
not aware of how to block or warn users away from essentially
obsolete or invalid info. ( Maybe RedBoPeep wants to jump in here
with explicatories )

You being an admitted newbie here of course excuses this apparent
lack of site potty-training. It may alter your request though, as we're
now going N-S and E-W, not the other way around. OK?

Still, I would love to hear about your island yarns mon. Bahamas and
Cuba are on the short list and any current info is appreciated.

Ivo s/v Linnupesa

Tags
crew needed, florida