Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Vancouver, B.C.
Default San Diego to La Paz, Mexico

I am looking for crew (2) to help me sail the Canadian registered Tangaroa I, a 41 ft. CC ketch, to La Paz around May 13th, 2013.

Experience desirable but not necessary. Valid passport required. Must be physically fit, of good health, have references, but above all must be good company.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Las Cruces

I am interested. I have passage experience, Amercin Samoa -Tonga - Fiji - NewZealand
Looking for building hours to continue education and work on coastal skipper competence Completed day skipper course in Nelson New Zealand. Currently in US

Old 04-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Vancouver, B.C.
Default San Diego to La Paz

Hi,
Thanks for your interest. I am meeting possible crew in San Diego between April 30th and May 4th. You are number 4, I am looking for 3, i.e. this could work out if any of the first three drop out, or if I think they would not be a good fit.

Please tell me more about you...do you have a valid passport? Could you meet with me in San Diego? What is your background, education, special talents, etc. How old are you?

Cheers,
Mike
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
Ensign

Default #4

I'd be happy to detail more info on amore private link

Pauline
Old 04-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Ensign

Default more information

I am just 63 years old. I have a valid passport.
I am a retired special education teacher. After I retired, I worked for my dressage teacher for 3 years. Then I wanted to pursuit sailing. I grew up in Seattle. My childhood friend and her husband purchased a 42 foot sailboat. I have gone cruising with them in the San Juans and Gulf Islands. I got hooked on sailing and decided to pursuit more opportunities. I helped deliver a 60' catamarine from St Martin to Grenada. Then I got a position to crew long term in the South Pacific for a year.

My other interests is mid eastern dance, Tai Chi and paddle boarding. I rode and owned horses for over 40 years. While I was working, I tried to travel during the summer when I was single. In fact, my cruising friends and I went to GB to hike and hired a narrow canal boat for 2 weeks

Yes, I can come to San Diego with my inflatable paddle boat.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Lake Tahoe, California
Default Still need crew???

Hello Mike,
It sounds as if you have found your crew, BUT if not I'm interested. I will be in so-cal May12. I have sailed in the BVI's, Belize, & California, but am not an experienced sailor by any means. I am smart, hard working & always willing to do more than my share of grunt work!! I'm mature, honest, responsible, respectable, & play well with others ;-)) Let me know if you are still looking for crew. I posted here in August titled "crew for you!?!?" Thank you Cindy

Tags
bluewater sailing, la paz, mexico, san diego