Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 03-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Marblehead
Default Female Crew Seeking Overseas Adventures

My name is Samantha and I'm a 22 year old looking for an opportunity to have some overseas adventures after I graduate from college in May 2015! I'm open to crewing positions just about anywhere but have a special place in my heart for New Zealand and the South Pacific. Would be willing to pay for my own transportation, cook/contribute to meals and am flexible with boat expenses.

At the age of six, I joined my family in circumnavigating the globe for eight years on our Halberg Rassy 53'ft. After returning to the states for high school and college, I am ready to get back to the cruising lifestyle and welcome any and all opportunities!

I grew up on the water and am passionate about traveling. I am also a hard worker with a good attitude and love trying new things. In addition to my crew experience (docking, anchoring, night watch, long passages etc.), I raced 420's throughout high school, am a certified diver, love to cook, and enjoy a refreshing g&t with good company every once in a while.

Available starting in late May 2015, look forward to hearing from you!

Old 03-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Captain

Home Port: Hout Baai
Vessel Name: titankie
Thumbs up

hi there! am busy planning a route and could do with some company,will let you know soon enough,my yacht a 23ft,but bullet proof will keep you informed if you are keen?

Old 03-31-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

*grabs popcorn*

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: new orleans
Default Hi Sam

You sound like you are ready to go !!! Good for you. Me and my 28 ft Shannon are getting ready to leave SW Fl and herd to Cuba after that (no time table) on to Peru to visit Macho Peachu <sp> I am a semi retired health care worker and a not too well organized sailor but the boat is sturdy as a anvil . You can look me up on Face book for more details "Bob Shannon (Naples Fl) Am more interested in whom I sail with than where to go. I have been to New Zealand though not by boat a great place !!

so if you are interested tell me more

bob
Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #5
GOF

Home Port: Mandurah
Vessel Name: Eleuthera

Sits down with two drinks and asks to share the popcorn....( not allowed to much butter these days)
Old 05-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #6

Home Port: Washington DC
Vessel Name: SV Mahdee

Best of luck in hopping aboard another cruising yacht. Sounds like the yacht you end up on will be lucky to have someone with plenty of sailing and cruising experience. Almost certainly someone will take on on as crew quickly. Please stop back in and tell us where you're going when you figure that out -- and let us know how it goes. We'd love to keep track of you adventures.

Fair winds.

What we're doing - The sailing life aboard and the Schooner Chandlery.

redbopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #7
Ensign

hi sam please reply to: robertmshannon@yahoo.com (SeaOatMan) thanks bob
Old 05-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #8
Captain

Home Port: Hout Baai
Vessel Name: titankie

(Stand up for a refill on drinks and adds extra salt to popcorn)
Old 05-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
Ensign

please respond directly to: robertmshannon@yahoo.com
Old 05-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #10
Ensign

Thanks for all of your responses, I've tried to get back to most everyone if I felt like it may be a good fit! As of now, I am three days away from graduation and still seeking a crew position. I am very down to earth and easy to get along with however I would be most comfortable joining a boat with at least two other people and ideally a woman on board but that is not necessarily a deal breaker if I feel comfortable with the other crew. Please don't hesitate to private message me or reply to this forum with any questions or opportunities, cheers!
Old 05-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #11
Ensign

sam i am headed tfrom fl to va then back south respond to robertmshannon@yahoo.com, sorry no other female the boat is 28 ft ah so there you have it bob
Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #12
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

Yeah, that was pretty good. (gets up for cold drink to wash down salty popcorn)

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #13
Admiral

Home Port: Darwin
Vessel Name: Sandettie

Hi Samantha, I know there are dedicated organizations which could help place you with just a little luck. I understand the concern you have about being alone on a boat with a stranger of the opposite gender and realize this often can be a great deterrent to single women wishing to cross oceans. Try contacting people at this link Calendar and see if they are able to offer any suggestions. Best of luck and I hope you find a crew position that suits.

Auzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzee View Post
Hi Samantha, I know there are dedicated organizations which could help place you with just a little luck. I understand the concern you have about being alone on a boat with a stranger of the opposite gender and realize this often can be a great deterrent to single women wishing to cross oceans. Try contacting people at this link Calendar and see if they are able to offer any suggestions. Best of luck and I hope you find a crew position that suits.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to look into it more tonight! I really appreciate it and welcome advice or any helpful resources that anyone has to offer!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 AM   #15
Ensign

Home Port: norinberg
Default grate lakes - niagara falls - qubec - azores

we are going from now scotia across atlantic around 15. jun . till that date crossing grate lakes.

culd i know more bout you.

Jan

Tags
crew