Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to markv

Boat size & type: Lagoon 440 Catamaran, 2005

Embark port: Langkawi / Phuket, Thailand islands, Similan etc,

Number of other crew aboard: 1 skipper (male, 45), 1 female joining from USA.

Crew qualifications required and duties: no skills needed, the usual boat stuff..cleaning and polishing and taking part in activities..:-)

Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Yourself

Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: depends on what we eat and drink ..but not a lot in Thailand. Estimate with 4 people on board about $5 to $10 a day depending on drinks bought?..

I've done a a bit of sailing around Thailand for the last couple of months but it was low season , so too much rain to do anything good. Had some family on board then but now everyone busy, now looking to sail and enjoy life with some fun people for January/February, who can contribute with good conversation and whatever they can bring to the table. If you have some language skills in Spanish or Portuguese, that would be good since I am learning those.

cheers

mark

Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Ensign

Sound good to me

lets stay in touch

here me website for more information about me

http://www.la-video-sous-marine.com/

In few word, i am french, speak english , spanish and portuguese

i have a mande a transat on a catamaran see the pic here:

http://picasaweb.google.fr/lavideosousmari...EDeLAtlantique#

that me in red !!

and usually never go away without my diving and video gear

Old 10-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Ensign

Mark,

My wife and I would be interested in joining you. We are looking at building a Fusion 40 in Thailand and may be over there looking at them.

I was a fisherman in Alaska for 13 years, my wife is a OR nurse.

Let us know more and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Steve Moran
Old 11-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Ensign

We (Gary 45 and Cathryn 43) would love to join you on your trip. We both are Day skippers and we have each sailed about 1000 miles and are looking to build more miles and gain experience. We are very interested in sailing in a cat, as we have not as yet had the opportunity. As to actual leaving we do have some work commitments but are both self employed so we can juggle anything so long as we have a little notice. We can be available from end of this month to mid march if required. We would be very interested to know about your schedule and requirements for/from your crew
Old 12-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Ensign

Hi,

Are you still looking for fun loving crew ?

I am an easygoing, hardworking, motivated English guy (38). Traveling is my passion and I have adventured extensively around the world for a total of 6 years, but mainly overland trips. My normal work is as a design engineer, but am currently taking a career break to travel by sea. I am experienced in most adventure sports and am looking forward to sharing sailing experiences with good crews. Recently I sailed with friends slowly from England to Turkey in 3.5 months. I am currently back in England visiting friends and family. This month I completed my Yachtmaster theory course and exams, also my SW radio certificate. I hope to have my Yachtmaster practical assessment soon. I have over 3500 miles of offshore experience with a Bavaria 40. I have excellent mechanical skills in many areas and can maintain and fix all systems within a sail boat.
I am interested in all crewing opportunities and am happy to share costs. I consider myself competent crew aboard any sail boat. Non smoker. An immediate start is possible and so please email or call me if you fancy a chat.

Cheers,

Simon Bartlett

email -
si.bart@hotmail.co.uk

skype - si.barty

UK Cell Phone +44 (0) 7850 715305
Old 12-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Admiral

Mark,

Where are you intending to go to with your Catamaran ?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Ensign

i just got back from phuket a few days ago. i am a 26 year old american male currently working as a contractor in iraq after four years in the air force. i help a guy sail the coast of mexico last year for about two months. i have spent the last six years as a firefighter and medic and have worked as a emergency room nurse. i speak intermediate spanish. after sailing around for a while i plan on finishing my masters in queensland, australia. id be interested in joining you where ever you need me to.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #8
Retired Mod

Home Port: Durban

Topic closed. The topic starter has not been back to check his post since Oct. He can post a "fresh" message.

The World Cruising & Sailing Wiki

Help to build this free, online World Cruising Guide.

"Built by cruisers, for cruisers''

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: Most sections
Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, thailand