Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Gdansk
Thumbs up Nassau, Bahama - New York

I need volunteer crew to help me sail a 14m steel ketch from Nassau, Bahama to New York, 16.04 - 07.05.

No experience necessary, just hands to help operate the boat

You must cover your transportation and visa expenses and contribute to food/drink costs. Other costs are on me.

The boat is very well equipped in all kinds of gear. She is seaworthy, well behaved on waves and strong.

I am happy to provide more info on request.

Fair winds!
Gosha

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Ensign

Home Port: Outer Banks, NC

Hello! My name is Antonia, I am a 21 year old female from the mid-west and am looking for a sailing adventure this summer! I have little experience with large boats ( I own and sail a sunfish) but I am a quick learner and very adaptable, open minded, respectful and a ton of fun! I'm assuming you meant June 4th til July 5th, yes? If so, those dates work for me.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Ensign

Home Port: Gdansk
Default Nassau-New York

Hi.
Thank you for your reply
dates are 16 April - 7 May.

The crew I have already are 2 polish with at least communicative english, so no problem here. We are meeting in Nassau on April 16th around 1200. Where exactly in Nassau - I will let you know as soon as I have confirmation from the marina.

The boat is not adapted to be handled solo - teamwork is necessary to manage the sails etc. That means a lot of sailing and little sunbathing

As for money, the boat and fuel are on me. The crew are asked to contribute to the so called "yacht fund" to buy food and pay for additional port expenses should we wish to visit places on our way.

If it is all still OK with you, please confirm your participation on my email gosiazeglara@gmail.com

Regards,
Gosha
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
Ensign

Home Port: Denver

Hi Gosha,

Are you still seeking crew members? I'm a 25 yo female from Denver CO, and my boyfriend, Blake, and I are looking to join a boat in North America this summer. I've only sailed a couple times before, but I'm eager to learn! Currently, I'm a yoga teacher and credit risk analyst. I'm easy going and enjoy adventure and camaraderie. Please let me know if you'd like to talk more. You can reach me at jessicadanaowens@gmail.com. Hope to here from you!

Tags
april, bahama, new york, usa