Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Regional Cruising > Pacific & Australasia
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 11-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Tallinn
Default From Australia to SE Asia

Hello everyone!

Next year in the beginning of March I have to leave Australia and I had an idea of doing that on a boat and not a plane.
Hence I am looking for a boat where I could be as a crew member. As of this moment I am in Perth but the leaving location in Australia would not matter much.

I main coal is to get to Cambodia but if you would want to go anywhere else near by it would be okay with me. I just aim to get from Australia to SE Asia.

A good leaving time for me would be late February/ early March of 2016

If anyone is planning a trip and needs a hand on the deck then let me know and we can work something out!

All the best!

Mart

Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to delatbabel

If you can get to Singapore or Johor Bahru by March of next year I have a boat that will be leaving there about then and heading across to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #3

If you can get to Singapore or Johor Bahru by March of next year I have a boat that will be leaving there about then and heading across to Sihanoukville in Cambodia.

Of course you won't want to leave Perth much before about March unless you want to play pandybat with cyclones as you cross the Timor Sea.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:16 AM   #4
Admiral

Home Port: Bundarra, NSW
Vessel Name: None

Pandybat? Last time I saw that word was in a James Joyce novel about 45 years ago.

I've Contributed to the Cruisers Wiki: All sections
haiqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:46 AM   #5

My father used to use the word, meaning an implement of torture or punishment of some kind. That's where i got it from. Needless to say if a cyclone takes its pandybat to your a*** then it will be a sore and sorry day indeed.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #6
Ensign

Home Port: Rzeszów

You are so crazy but I like it! But I wish you luck and hope you will do this. Best wishes!

Tags
asia, australia, se asia