Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Cruising Crew Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Ensign

Hello!

We are a couple looking for passage from the east coast of Australia towards: Asia, South Aftrica, the Med, or, across the Pacific to the west coast of the US. We would like to depart in or about March 2010.

We:
  • are in our late 20s
  • live in Brisbane, Australia
  • have relaxed, easy-going personalities
  • are fast learners, willing and able to work hard
  • are open-minded
  • have travelled extensively (Fiji, Cambodia, Canada and the US, Philipines, Mexico, Central and South America, Spain, Australia)
  • love music (all kinds, but with a particular love for folk tunes)
  • have adventurous spirits (we love bicycle touring and hiking)
  • are avid readers
  • regularly practice yoga
  • love cooking, and are very creative in the kitchen (or galley)
  • prefer to eat vegetables, but are open to enjoying freshly caught seafood while at sea (Emma has a red meat allergy)
  • speak Spanish (at an intermediate level, I'd guess)
  • have both studied permaculture and are passionate about growing our own food without chemical inputs
  • are dedicated to living gently on the Earth
Emma is a geographer and educator, and is most at home outdoors. Emma:
  • has completed a RQYS Introduction to Sailing, and RQYS Introduction to Yachting
  • is Wilderness First Aid trained
  • has some recreational (inshore) sailing
I am an environmental lawyer at a community legal centre. I
  • have a RYA Competent Crew certification
  • am an Advanced Open Water PADI certified diver
  • have limited recreational yacht racing (inshore)
Our destinations are deliberately diverse. Our intention is to travel from Australia using wind power only. We want to sail because we don't want to contribute further to global greenhouse gas concentrations (we have contributed enough)! We want to travel slowly, respecting the diversity of people and places, immersing ourselves in the landscapes. We want to work for our adventures, developing a strong connection to the natural systems. Our plan is to study Spanish, either in Spain or in Latin America (probably Mexico), with a view to becoming fluent (having both lived in Spanish speaking countries, we both speak at an intermediate level). If our destination becomes Europe I plan to study my Masters in the UK.

We are able to travel to any port on the east coast of Australia (and, if necessary, Darwin or Perth) to meet, and get to know, a proposed skipper and other crew.

As we do not have any real yachting experience we cannot identify the size or class of sailing vessel we are seeking.

If you think we may be suitable crew please contact me scott.sellwood@gmail.com

Thanks!

Scott and Emma

Tags
africa, asia, australia, med, south africa