Go Back   Cruiser Log World Cruising & Sailing Forums > Free Sailing Crewfinders > Crew Positions Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login

Join Cruiser Log Today

Old 01-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Ensign

Home Port: Darwin
Default SEEKING UNPAID WORKING PASSAGE - SOUTH AFRICA to SOUTH AMERICA

G'day folks,

I'm Simon, a 31 year-old (next week 32) Aussie. I'm a nomadic adventure writer bartering my way around the world without flying on very flexible dates, destinations and on pretty flexible legs. I seek work as a participating member of a crew heading anywhere in South America.

I'm currently travelling in Madagascar after 34 days at sea. Should arrive in South Africa mid-March (winds-pending).

Ready to hoist sails when you are.

Sailing Experience:
Darwin, Australia to Kupang, West Timor, Indonesia - 516 nautical miles on a 50-foot Ketch, 'Tropicbird' with a crew of 7.

The following destinations were sailed on a 47-foot Sloop, 'San

Miguel' with a crew of 3:

Phuket, Thailand to Galle, Sri Lanka - 1087 nautical miles

Galle, Sri Lanka to Chagos Archipelago - 1006 nautical miles

Chagos Archipelago to Agalega, Mauritius - 1090 nautical miles

Agalega to Nosy Be, Madagascar - 603 nautical miles

Total sea miles: 4,302 nautical miles

I won't win the America's Cup any time soon but have gained some a better understanding of the principles of sailing... I think.

Attributes:

- Bloody hard worker
- Bloody reliable
- Bloody good cook (picked up a few extra galley tricks with a French chef)
- Bloody quick and bloody eager learner
- Bloody good team player
- Bloody good at taking on responsibilities
- Bloody helpful at helping with the preparation of your vessel

As far as I know (which isn't far), I don't get seasick. I'm an avid surfer (most people call it 'wiping out'), a great swimmer (most people call it 'drowning'), love to write and meeting new folk. I love learning new skills and I have an urge to sail. Can't explain it, it's just in me, denying me to fly.

If you think I'm the missing link to your crew (which, let's face it, I am), I'd be happy to meet 'n' greet in person anytime-anywhere around South Africa (once I get there).

To get more of a feel for who I am here's the link to my website: thenomadicdiaries | seeing the world in high definition

Tags
africa, america, south africa, south america